News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 NOS (In box) R&L Bumper extensions: $3,000

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, January 31, 2018, 11:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

https://toledo.craigslist.org/pts/d/1955-cadillac-gm-nos-rear/6461699064.html

No $ interest. Priced out of sight but if you have really, really, really deep pockets... And don't tell your wife what you paid for them. She might get suspicious if you don't eat too well next month.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

e.mason

Wow!  They are something you don't see everyday!  I wouldn't be surprised if they were the only ones available on the entire planet, given how most, if not all cars of that year needed their bumper extensions repaired/replaced.  Love to know their history.
Eric Mason

e.mason

You can save 33% if you don't mind re-chromed.  My initial interest in Cadillacs started in the mid 50's.  I was finally able to purchase a 55 Coupe, and found out the problem with the "boots".  The one I bought had decent boots and I was able to get them re-chromed for about $300.00  Needless to say, that was in a galaxy a long time ago.

http://cadillacking.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=894
Eric Mason

Dan LeBlanc

Wow.  These are still for sale?  I first saw them back in late 2015 on Craigslist.  I think the market is speaking and the seller isn't listening.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on January 31, 2018, 02:45:46 PM
Wow.  These are still for sale?  I first saw them back in late 2015 on Craigslist.  I think the market is speaking and the seller isn't listening.

If they were '59 ends, he'd probably have gotten his price long ago.   ;)

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

chrisntam

Those boxes don't look like they're from the '50s.  More like '70s or '80s.

Izzat the right part number?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Roger Zimmermann

Yes, this is the correct part number. However, the part group (7.831) is more recent tan the one from the fifties.
By the way, 1954 bumper ends are the same...
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I noticed the same thing about the packaging. Amazing they were still being offered from the factory as late as when that packaging was made.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Roger Zimmermann

As long as demand is there in large enough quantity, they produce the parts!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101