News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

restoration 1936 LaSalle

Started by Frank Swanson, February 10, 2018, 04:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Swanson

For anyone that is interested here is the present state of my 1936 LaSalle restoration. I should be ready for a startup in 8 to 10 weeks hopefully. I will let you all know how it goes.

harry s

Flipped it over. Looks good. Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Frank Swanson

Frank Swanson

Sorry for the mess. I reloaded so the picture is right side up and can be viewed at full size with detail. I had all the machine work done by Mark Clayton of Restore cars and assembled it myself. It has been resleeved back to standard and has new pistons, The rods have been reconfigured to take a standard clevite insert and of course new wrist pins and bushings. We cut new cam bearings and reground the cam the crank has been reground and we but in new mains. It has all new valves and guides and timing chain. I also put in a modern lip seal in the timing chain cover. I reconfigured the oil flow so I can put in a full flow oil filter hidden inside an old AC oil filter of the era. Radiator has been rodded and put back together and water pump is all new with modern seals. Can't wait to start it up, I'll let you know how it goes maybe in about 8 or 10 weeks.

Frank Swanson

hopefully this works

Frank Swanson

well poop I'll try to figure this out

Glen

try this
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

John Washburn CLC 1067 Sadly deceased.

Frank,

Restorations are so much fun. I was wondering how the restoration was coming on the rare bird.

You could (hint, hint) take it to the Lincoln Tech Center Car Show, as is, on April 7th. I am sure the folks at the show would love seeing what a car restoration in progress looks like.

Keep us informed.

John Washburn
John Washburn
CLC #1067
1937 LaSalle Coupe
1938 6519F Series Imperial Sedan
1949 62 Series 4 Door
1949 60 Special Fleetwood
1953 Coupe DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille
1992 Eldorado Touring Coupe America Cup Series