News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1946 Cadillac convertible $20,000 ?

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, February 16, 2018, 12:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just found out this morning from Jeff Shively that (my) 1946 Cadillac convertible is for sale. The owners are still in the Club and listed in the current Directory under Titlow in the Indiana listings. I have no interest in the sale except where can I get some loose change in the amount listed above?

Fritz Pitzer told me he got the car from Memphis, TN which is out of the rust belt. When I sold it, it was solid and very straight. I'd gotten '47 stone guards for it and was going to install the correct (Buick sedanette) roll-up windows so as to not need the Hydralics. The Titlows bought the car from the local guy I sold it to. I haven't seen it for well over thirty or forty years, but have no reason to believe the current owners haven't either completed it or cared for it. The major thing I was missing is that I never picked up the quarter windows from the shop that replaced the glass. They've had it long enough that (possibly) they were able to find replacements. Jeff said some extra engine(s?) and other stuff goes with the car. Wish I had it back...

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Cadillac Jack 82

Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Sorry, if you read the ad, I found out about this in conversation this morning. And when I had it, carrying a phone/camera around with you was years and years in the future. (I don't know why I never took pictures of it.) If you investigate the car further, if the car is anything like it was when I had it, you shouldn't be too disappointed as far as the basic condition of the sheet metal and all. Did you miss that I haven't seen the car in thirty or forty years? The guy who purchased the car from me slapped a coat of paint on it and may or may not have gotten it running. I can't remember. But he didn't keep it long and the Titlows have had it ever since. Contact them for further details. (If you do not have a CLC Directory, I'm sorry, but I don't give out addresses/phones to non-members on the Forum. If you wish further info contact info, PM me. Good luck.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville