News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1938 60s in movie

Started by Robert Bothwell CLC # 20850, January 22, 2005, 11:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Bothwell CLC # 20850

In Johnny Eager, 1942 starring Robert Taylor and Lana Turner.
 There are several nice shots of a 1938 Cadillac 60s near the end of the film. Its the first time Ive seen a 38 in a movie.
Bob B.

Matt V16

If you can find "A plumbing we will go" 1940, you will see Moe, Larry and Curly riding in the back of a truck and they pass a real sharp black 38 60 Special parked on the street with the big Trippe lights on the front end.. I paused that shot many times.. This is the film where Curly thinks he can fix a leak in the shower!  A real classic!   Almost every time a big fancy car was used in a Stooge film, it was a Cadillac..  There was also a 38 60 Special used in a movie made in Canada around 1983 but I do not remember the name.

Mike #19861

I also remember seeing a 3-Stooges short that used a V-16 car. Cant quite remeber the skit or the year of the car, but they did include the soundtrack when the car sped off. This is the only time I actually have heard a V-16 exhaust note in anger! It was sweet!

Mike