News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Paint code original 1940 color--help??

Started by Michael Lepak #17679, January 23, 2005, 08:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Lepak #17679

Can anyone help decipher the code on my 40 firewall tag?
It shows Trim SO and Paint 6W.
I would like to know what the original color was.
The car is a 90 Series if that helps.
Thanks, Mike

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Well according the colorlibrary, 6 = Evergreen Poly but I do not see anything about W.  Hmmm.  Maybe someone else has more to give but that is what I found out so far.

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Jeff Hansen, #4225

Mike,

"SO" means special order.  Im willing to bet there is a 4 digit number following the SO as that seems to have been the practice.  Unfortunately, Cadillac no longer has any of the special order information.  So....  nobody at this point can tell you what the original paint color OR interior trim specifications were; both were covered by the SO.  The "6W", if Im not mistaken means 6 wheel, IE: dual sidemounts.

Hope this is helpful.

Jeff

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Jeff is correct. You will have to order the original invoice from Cadillac to get the info you want. When a car has SO, BOTH the paint & interior codes are deleted on the data plate. 6W does mean 6 wheel(side mts.) Bob

Michael Lepak #17679

Thank you all for the assistance. I will order the
factory invoice.
Mike