News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57/58 Brougham hubcaps

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, April 14, 2005, 10:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Is there any difference between 57 & 58 hubcaps? If so,how do you tell them apart? Thanks, bob

Roger A. Zimmermann # 21015

According to the Brougham parts book, the hubcap is the same for 57 & 58, as well as the medallion. The hubcap is specific to the Brougham, the medallion is identical to 1957 Cadillac models.
Roger

Pat

Bob - Are there any member numbers ahead of yours or are you one of the original founding fathers?

Pat

Bob Hoffmann CLC# 96

Hi Pat, thanks for asking. There are a number of people that joined the club before me. I joined in the early 60s. I am a charter member of the Northern California region. I wish I was one of the founding fathers. Regards, Bob

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Barry Wheeler #2189

One year , the Club decided to assign #s as members renewed. I renewed late so I got a relatively high 2189, but I had been a member since 1964. (And still am not one of the founding fathers. I think BCA assigned #s at the start, so their numbers do reflect longevity in the Club. Their # 2 had the 41 convertible sedan in the movie Pearl Harbor.

Michael / Denmark CLC#21905

Hi,just wanted to now if some could answer this:On some early fab.pictures the Broughams have Sabre spokes on,where they discharged for the prod. model??

Roger A. Zimmermann # 21015

The pictures you are speaking about are prototypes. The regular Brougham have another wheel construction, more complicated than the sabre wheels: the rim is steel, the wheel is chromed aluminum, there is a hub riveted to the wheel and made of chromed pot metal. On top, there is the hubcap and medallion...

Roger

Yann Saunders, CLC#12588

I have pictures of a number of Broughams with the cast alloy, so-called sabre-spoke wheels of the regular Eldorados built from 1956-1958. Whether or not these were factory-installed is debatable but I guess a buyer COULD order his Brougham with the sabre wheels in lieu of the turbine-blades.