News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 cadillac pickup or flower car or what?

Started by HEATHER BRYANT, August 24, 2005, 10:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEATHER BRYANT

I have just purchased a 1960 cadillac i believe is a 62 series coupe, but the rear seat is removed and the back window is moved to behind the front seat, so it looks like it has 2 windshields and has an open bed like a truck in the back , this looks to be original in rough shape, does anyone know what this may be? doesnt look like any flower car ive ever seen or pickup truck either....the vin # is 60g012295  if that helps. also i have several photos if any one is interested in seeing them please email me, I would appreciate any help,
thank you Heather B.   TN. USA
e-mail    kindheartedtnman@aol.com

Bill Hedge

If this is the car I saw at an internet site and is located in the west - I believe Washingto (if my memory serves me right) it appears to be a hand made pick up and not a flower car.  If you will send me pictures, I will try to assist you some more with my very limited knowledge.

HEATHER BRYANT

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU COULD GIVE ME WITH THIS, IT DID COME OUT OF CALIFORNIA 5 YRS AGO, BUT HAS BEEN IN ILL. UNTILL NOW, I AM IN TENNESSEE... PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND YOU SOME PHOTOS

THANK YOU, HEATHER

Dale

Hi Heather,
I saw the same car on the internet site Bill mentioned. Just wanted to say that it would/will make a great custom. Imagine if you owned some sort of garage or parts shop, what a great truck for the business it would be. I personally loved the roof line too. I think if you fix it up it will be a really cool ride.

Good luck,
Dale.

Dick Heller

Share the body tag info so we can help you.

Dick

heather bryant

we found body # FW 1669
         style# 60-6237
         trim# 34
         paint# 48
         top...  acc.  ehxy

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Heather,

The vehicle you have was originally a series Sixty-Two Coupe, fitted with eze-eye glass (tinted), Heater, Power Windows and Power Seats.

Hope this helps.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Dick Heller

Heaters were optional equipment on Cadillacs back then??

Quote from: Bruce Reynolds # 18992Gday Heather,

The vehicle you have was originally a series Sixty-Two Coupe, fitted with eze-eye glass (tinted), Heater, Power Windows and Power Seats.

Hope this helps.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Dick,

I am sure that everything was optional back in the years when nothing was standard.

If somebody wanted a car without a heater, power windows and power seats, they could have got it built that way.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Mike #19861

Heaters were indeed optional on many cars back then, but I think the Cadillacs had them standard. They could be deleted if so desired.

I have a 1959 Chevrolet and Canadian Pontiac brochures and they list heaters as optional at slight extra cost.

Mike