News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

For Sale: 1937 La Salle Opera Coupe in CA

Started by TomStoneOperaCoupe, April 12, 2012, 12:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomStoneOperaCoupe

1937 La Salle Opera Coupe. Owned since 1978, it has been in storage since 1990 (last registered CA DMV, have title).

Original owners manual, original everything. Car does not run, it will need tune-up to fire up again (fuel filter, new fuel, spark plugs). But it ran perfect when stored in 1990. It was restored by Tom Stone. No rust California car come see in person. This would be a great driver, just needs to be freshened up to fire her up. When the car was being driven, it was shown at various car shows and rented out to few movie studios.

Scratch on driver side from being in storage. Paint will probably need buffing. Very solid driver. $17,000.00
Blue custom plate included.

Chris Moon Torrance, CA

TomStoneOperaCoupe

Chris Moon Torrance, CA

TomStoneOperaCoupe

Chris Moon Torrance, CA

greg clark

William Aprile

please call bill at 1 516 319 5475 or leave me a number very intrested in car please call tonight thanks bill

49 Convertible

I live in San Fernando valley and am interested in ca where is it located to be able to see ot
Herman Desser
clc # 19416

William Aprile

can you please call bill at 1 631 563 5003

William Aprile

sorry to bother you again you can also email me at matchboxb@aol.com where in ca are you i could look at tonight or tomorrow  please contact us asap thanks so much bill

William Aprile

its 7.11 am hardley could sleep awaiting your call please call bill at 1a 516 319 5475 or 1 631 563 5003 need to find out where to send the money  and some more info thanks   

Joe G 12138

Administrators: Are you asleep at the wheel or what? The requirement of posting names that was so rigidly enforced awhile back seems to be ignored in this case. An unnamed unknown person, in an unknown city, with a low number of posts, is getting forum particants to fall all over each trying to contact this guy. This is making them post their own email addresses and phone numbers on the internet. And possibly send money. Seems out of character for administrators to not require at least a name......
         I'm posting my name, as last time I tried to do it without I was told by the administrator that my post would be pulled without it.                Joe Gibeault

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Joe,

We aren't asleep, although I sometimes wish I had more time to sleep.

Chris has been sent the usual friendly reminder that is sent to these "heinous offenders", but each person is given time to rectify the situation.

Sometimes it takes longer for people to comply, and those that don't, simply have their postings removed.

Some people want us to immediately delete the postings, but we have to be fair and understanding that some people simply don't read the initial "Rules of Posting" when they join up, as they are too excited about what they are seeing on our wonderful website.

To remove their postings immediately would be regarded as being counter-productive in trying to gain more Club Members.   We have to remember that we are a part of a hobby, and a friendly hobby at that.   

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Joe:

Bruce's explanation of the process of enforcing the rules of the forum is very well stated, and I agree wholeheartedly with his explanation.  We have found that there may be a number of reasons why a person does not respond to an email from an administrator advising them that their post does not comply with the forum rules.  Because of spam filters and differences in internet providers email is not always received by the intended recipient.  That is why you will sometimes see a reply notifying the poster  to contact an administrator.

Bill Hedge

sjocad

Hi Owner.
This is svein in Norway.CLC # 12214.
Is the car still for sale,??
Thanks,,svein.

adr;sveinthecadman@hotmail.com
svein sjoblom,CLC # 12214.

1937 Lasalle opera coupe series 50.