News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 fleetwood colour description

Started by bazilman, July 25, 2017, 10:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazilman

Hi Guys, Gonna get some paintwork done over the winter period. I'm pretty sure my car has been "re-finished" as I have a print out of the original build sheet which lists the car as "dusty rose". Does anyone know the correct name for this colour ? I'm pretty sure its an authentic Cadillac colour but maybe not from 57 ? Any help is very much appreciated. http://american-weddingcars.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/1957-Cadillac-Fleetwood.jpg
Craig Dunn

Roger Zimmermann

For 1957, there was indeed a Dusty Rose metallic, code 48. The pictured car is looking more or less the same as my sample. There was another pink for 1957: Mountain Laurel, code 46, a solid color, and not like the paint of your car.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Barry M Wheeler #2189

This is not Dusty Rose or Mountain Laurel (which is the pink the cosmetic company uses.) Is this perhaps a 1973, 74, or 75 color?
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Walter Youshock

There was a change in the Dusty Rose paint formula according to one of the paint charts I have.  That looks close to a mix of Dusty Rose and Castile Maroon.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just had a thought. Wasn't there a color called Cranberry in 74 or 75?  I just found an equipment guide folder for 1974 and there is a Cranberry firemist code 99. I would see if you could get a paint chip for that color and see if it matches your car. In my memory, they are a pretty close match.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Renato

This is not original color. The original Dusty rose looks like this:

R. Bognar