News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Where Have the White Walls Gone?

Started by Dan Koser, November 19, 2011, 08:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt chomosh #23510

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Goodyear radial wide whites!(I've run a set for 7-8 yrs and over 30K miles)(their even offering bias ply wide whitewalls now!) The tires are Union Made.(USA)(yeah the same union guys who brought US ALL paid vacations, 40 hr work week, health care, pension plans, paid holidays, and many more benefits that we all take for granted). The reality is that outsourcing is being brought to us by companies trying to maximize profits using the "global economy excuse" to find the cheapest  labor possible.(profits before people) As far as enviromental/EPA/OSHA,well,what could be more important them the air we breathe and the water we drink? I'm no tree hugger,but I am a 99%er....people before profits!

TJ Hopland

Are you sure they are still available?  I couple years ago I asked a Goodyear dealer what was available and the best they could find for me was some recently out of production Regatta2's.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason