News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Just bought my first Cadillac

Started by steve340, May 23, 2012, 11:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve340

I'm new to this forum and I just bought my first Cadillac. It is a 1941 4 dr sedan Deluxe model 62. I have some questions that I will post later about the fixing some small issues with the car. I will try to post the picture of it.

76eldo

Steve,

That's a beautiful '41!

Welcome to the CLC message board.  There are lots of well informed members here.  I would suggest joining the CLC National club and a local region.  In the local region you make some new friends and great connections for acquiring knowledge and sources for parts.

Enjoy your Cadillac.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

C.R. Patton II

Hello Steve

Fantastic car you purchased. You have struck gold with your acquisition so become active and inquisitive with our membership.

Your vintage has a large mysterious following. Here is some information to stir your curiosity.

1941 Cadillac 6219D
$1535 msrp
7,754 produced
Condition level 3-1  13k to 30k
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Davidinhartford

Congratulations Steve!   

It is a beauty!

Richardonly

Hello Steve,

You certainly started out in a GRAND fashion with a beautiful car like that!

Welcome to the forum and I would like to say that there is a lot you can learn here.  I bought my 1948 Fleetwood 60S just last July and joined the CLC and also my local regional chapter, the NERCLC.  Both provide benefits to repairing, finding parts and meeting other members.

You will also enjoy showing off your fine car at local cruise meets, as I have found, there are few Cadillacs at them.  They draw a lot of attention and round off your hobby of car collecting.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

D2

Welcome aboard Steve.  Good to have you with us. 

The car is a beauty.  Good luck getting those little issues taken care of.  You'll find a lot of great members just waiting to help you at your local region.  Find out when their meetings are and join them, get involved in the club.  Always nice to have new ideas brought up.  Keep us posted on how things go with the car.

Dennis
Dennis Dascenzo
1960 Eldorado Biarritz
1970 DeVille Convertible
Director - West Michigan Region

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Welcome Steve. Lots of great & helpful people here.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

soonerinmo

Welcome and what a great find! Coincidentally, one of the few Cadillac ads on the wall in front of me is of a 1941 model. It says it went for $1,345, but it's a coupe model. Enjoy! :)
Brian Combs ><>

'67 Fleetwood Sixty Special (Sold)
'08 DTS

Rob Troxel

Great Car, welcome aboard.  Is it equiped with power windows?