News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1967 Eldorado 429 Carburetor

Started by airdefenz, December 01, 2016, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airdefenz

I am looking for a carburetor correct for a 1967 Eldorado. Does not have to be rebuilt - just correct for 67 429 Engine.
Thanks,
Joseph (airdefenz1@aol.com)

60eldo

Jon. Kluczynski

airdefenz

Hello - sorry for my late reply. Was away for the weekend as I responded to you earlier. What is PM? Sorry - not familiar with that.
Thanks,
Joseph

60eldo

You can email me and I can send you a pic    jkcarrrremail addresses not permitted
Jon. Kluczynski

60eldo

Heres a pic, if ur not interested maybe someone else here is,,its for sale
Jon. Kluczynski

airdefenz

Hello-just signed on and saw the pic. I am interested. Do you have the number located on the side of the carb? Let me know what you are asking for the carb
Thanks,
Joseph

airdefenz

Hello - I tried to call the number you emailed me and there is no message box set up. I cannot reach you on that number you provided. Were you able to find the Rochester QJet Carb Number on the side of the carb?

60eldo

What # is it and where located, Ive never heard of a # on the inside of a carb Thats my # I gave you, why didnt you just try again?
Jon. Kluczynski

savemy67

Hello Joseph and Johnny,

A 1967 Rochester Quadrajet carburetor should have a round aluminum tag located on the driver's side of the fuel bowl.  The tag will have a seven digit number beginning with 7 that can help identify the carburetor and whether or not it is correct for a '67 Cadillac.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

airdefenz

Hello Christopher: Thanks for your clarification. I have had numerous Rochester QJet's rebuilt by a phenomenal shop locally and they even gave me a valuable reference book to decode the number located on the fuel bowl. It is a great resource so that is why I was asking Johhny for that number. The pic posted shows possible damage to the fuel bowl housing and I will not be able to ascertain if that carb is truly a 429 67 Eldorado series without the 7 series number for reference.
Johnny - are you able to locate that number with the guidance given?