News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Flexplate

Started by TrevorK, January 02, 2017, 11:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevorK

Hi all,

It looks like I need a flexplate for my 1960 CDV (mine is bent).  Does anyone happen to have an extra they would be willing to part with.  I believe they are the same for 1956-60.

Trevor
Trevor Korsrud

1960 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
1963 Cadillac Convertible

fishnjim

I have a spare from a '58 365.   You have to verify they're the same.   I don't know.
If you're interested, send me a message.   It's was tested on the dyno to 300 HP.   I took it off and put the orig back on.   Not sure how many miles were on that motor.  I bought it as a spare and didn't help except parts.   Pay the shipping.   I can send pics.

cadparts58

Trevor,
I have a flex plate. 56-60 are the same according to the master parts book. When you said yours is bent, how bad is it? They do flex and if you lay it flat there should be some give in it. Mine shows about 1/4 inch, but should be OK once tightened to the flywheel. I have included pictures with the spacers needed. It has some surface rust from sitting, which should easily clean up. I am asking $40. plus shipping. If interested let me know shipping info to calculate price. Thanx Frank
Frank Puma #10721

TrevorK

Just a bit of background - my engine was seized and I needed to pry between the engine and transmission to get access to the bolts to separate the two. When I went to assemble everything this week, the engine was very hard to turn over and seemed to be binding. I separated the transmission again, and it appears the flex plate is not straight.

I also don't have any of the spacers. I wonder if that contributes to the binding problem?
Trevor Korsrud

Jeffrey Burland

The spacers are 56-59 only. The flexplate is 56-60. The 61-64 are different.
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

TrevorK

Quote from: WillingtonCad on January 04, 2017, 04:31:37 PM
The spacers are 56-59 only. The flexplate is 56-60. The 61-64 are different.

So no spacers for '60?  I had convinced myself that that was my problem.
Trevor Korsrud

The Tassie Devil(le)

There was a spacer in my '60.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

TrevorK

Bruce, are you referring to the 4 spacers shown in the picture of the flexplate above?
Trevor Korsrud

TrevorK

In the 1960 Shop Manual Supplement it actually says that the four flywheel-to-flexplate spacer washers are no longer used.  I guess that's not my issue.
Trevor Korsrud

The Tassie Devil(le)

I also forgot to mention, that mine didn't have the four flexplate washers.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon