News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bill Heard closing dealerships

Started by richard, September 24, 2008, 04:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard

Saaw in the paper today that the local Bill Heard Chevolet dealership is closing along with 12 others here in the South. Seems GM can no longer extend them a line of credit - which means they can no longer order cars. The used to be the biggest in the USA. About 100 employees were given no notice and no idea if they would get their next paycheck; just told to leave the premises.

Any one heard of other dealerships closing

Don Boshara #594

Sorry for the employees. As far as the local Better Business Bureau, there goes half of their problems.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe

Ohio57-62Sedan

I think we are just starting to see the tip of the iceburg, on dealerships closing sorry to say but I dont think GM has any choice in the matter.. It's nice to know the stock market controls the world right?

Joe Manna

We just had a local Chevy dealer close up after 50+ years in business.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Rich S

I follow news stories about GM on "GM Inside News" web-site, and the general opinion is that the Cadillac dealer network will undergo quite a shake-down, eliminating many dealerships. The writers cite that luxury import brands have overtaken the market while having fewer dealerships. In my opinion, it is quite an unfortunate situation.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Tom Hall 7485

Heard was the Cadillac dealer in Columbus, Georgia.  This closure was mentioned on the PBS Nightly Business Report,
which said that more than 1,000 employees at fourteen dealerships would be affected.  It's possible that someone
with financing will step in and take over some of the dealerships and keep their employees. 
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.

Ohio57-62Sedan

I guess that GM shuld have kept the big body full frame car's

Tim Pawl #4383

According to September 21 issue of Automotive News,  The Bill Heard  dealerships were being investigated by State of Georgia , and they were ready to levee fines of $5,000 per instance for some 10,000 undisclosed occurances of paper handling.  ALso , FOR  faking signatures, and other miscellaneous mis-deeds.  ALthough ,he was one of the largest Chevy dealers in the country.........BAD GUYS still get caught......GM probably pulling plug on him for violating dealership agreements rather than a candy-coated story about poor guy going out of business.   

35-709

I have heard MANY bad stories about the shenanigans that have gone on at Bill Heard dealerships as alluded to in Don Boshara's post ----
"As far as the local Better Business Bureau, there goes half of their problems."
and would not doubt Tim Pawl's theory on what really happened.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2