News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1970 Cadillac Coupe Deville PRICE DROP - Pimpmobile in need of love - $1000

Started by turaboy, June 08, 2008, 12:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turaboy

Centreville, VA

Original 1970's pimpmobile in need of restoration. Great project car; body is straight, runs and drives. I've driven 15 miles or more at highway speeds; that was before I realized the tires are almost as old as the car.
Great start for a restoration; I've had it a year and a half, and have not had time while working on my other Caddy. I'd like to sell her to someone who appreciates the possibilities.

Custom pinstriping and paint still intact, but pretty faded. Lots of special touches; club badges, custom lettering, hood tachometer. Most interior controls are inop; no speedo or climate controls, and it looks a bit dark at night with no dash lights. The engine runs reasonably well, but has a miss from idle on up. Brakes are mostly new, with new master cylinder, booster, rebuilt wheel cylinders & brake hoses.

The interior needs help; there is a hard leak somewhere, water comes in when it rains. The windows still roll up and down, and the sunroof (!) still works. The rear window has classic Caddy rot; it will need total restoration. And check out that Continental kit!

Don't miss out on this chance to own a classic Cadillac and restore her to her former glory.

See more pics at http://picasaweb.google.com/turaboy/Esmerelda

$1000 or best offer

Thank you for looking,

John
John

John Morris #23947

No offense please, but I do not think "Pimpmobile" is a word that will get many CLC members to view your car. I for one see beautiful Cadillacs in a different light.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

James Maguire

My first thought when seeing the continental bumber was HOLY CRAP!!! That's a serious piece of hardware there!!! Some interesting things about this car. It has the rear scoops of a Fleetwood 75. But the biggest mystery to me is the Superior coachworks tag! I know Superior made hearses in the 70s, did they do other custom work as well?

Johnny

Quote from: John Morris #23947 on June 08, 2008, 02:22:06 PM
No offense please, but I do not think "Pimpmobile" is a word that will get many CLC members to view your car. I for one see beautiful Cadillacs in a different light.

Like it or not, the term "Pimpmobile" is one that was coined in the 70's to denote Cadillacs that were professionally highly customized, and usually at great expense, with styling of past Cadillacs.  These customized cars were first purchased by pimps in major cities, and eventually spread to others that wanted Cadillacs that were different.  While there isn't really a definition of what makes a "pimpmobile" a "pimpmobile". this particular specimen really isn't a "pimpmobile".  Many of the "pimpmobiles" had names such as El Classico or El Deora.  This car is the result of an owner that had a penchant for customizing their Cadillac, with a combination of their imagination, and whatever spare parts they could gather and apply to the car.

turaboy

No offense on the pimpmobile status, I for one admire the outlandishness of some of the '70's Caddies.  As rare as the El Classico or El Deora is, I was hoping to mimic them a bit with this beauty. 

Alas, it is not to be, and I'm hoping to sell her to someone else who appreciates excess, and has more time to spend on restoring her.

I have dropped the price, and remember, it's still OBO, so if you are interested, but would like to make an offer, please email me.

Thank you,

John
John

Fernie

ENY OF YOU CADILLAC ENTHUSIEST KNOW WHERE TO GET RESTORATION PART FOR MY 1970 COUPE DEVILLE

EldoradoRedd1

Quote from: Johnny on June 09, 2008, 08:07:04 AM
Like it or not, the term "Pimpmobile" is one that was coined in the 70's to denote Cadillacs that were professionally highly customized, and usually at great expense, with styling of past Cadillacs.  These customized cars were first purchased by pimps in major cities, and eventually spread to others that wanted Cadillacs that were different.  While there isn't really a definition of what makes a "pimpmobile" a "pimpmobile". this particular specimen really isn't a "pimpmobile".  Many of the "pimpmobiles" had names such as El Classico or El Deora.  This car is the result of an owner that had a penchant for customizing their Cadillac, with a combination of their imagination, and whatever spare parts they could gather and apply to the car.
My favorite is SUPERFLY & THE MACK >:D >:D
S.Rhame

TylerGale

Hello, i have been scouring the net for a 1970's caddy that is affordable enough and in well enough condition i would like to make an offer on your "pimpmobile" please get back to me soon if you havent already sold it. thanks.