News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: First tire blowout - ever!
Last post by dn010 - Yesterday at 10:00:39 AM
Just a heads up that most, if not all tire manufacturers these days, do not recommend overinflating the tires during storage.

I have also had to use the bumper jack before on my car (and others I've owned), 0 issue. If I am left stranded and that's all I have, I am going to use it.
If it has dried out and/or "disappeared" it can be replaced. If this is your case, check back and I'll try and find the remnants of the material I used.
Greg Surfas
General Discussion / Re: 1951 Caddy daily driver
Last post by Mowerhoarder - Yesterday at 09:24:46 AM
Tj,
Yeah I definitely got some weird looks from people but that's just how old cars go

Dogbergs,
Thanks! I think I'm gonna send them out soon and have them redone, supposedly high friction material and eco friendly and it might make the car stop better
Quote from: Alex-57 on April 15, 2024, 02:53:24 PMUnder tons of road gunk
Yep, I get it. Here is ours when we got it.
General Discussion / Re: 1960 plug Recomidation
Last post by 60eldo - Yesterday at 08:57:05 AM
I think there are 2 different types. Is that right? Copper and regular, which are you running
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1949 series 75 rear shock ...
Last post by toybox - Yesterday at 08:47:56 AM
Jason , If you have a torch heat the end of the arm up and the pin will come out much easier. Put a anvil or big hammer on one side of the arm and smack it with an good sized hammer on the other and it will pop out. We use the same prosses with most tapered bolt/stud extractions such as tie rod ends and ball joints. Tim
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Clewisiii - Yesterday at 08:17:54 AM
Classic industries $45
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1974 Eldorado hood oil-can...
Last post by danjarrett1 - Yesterday at 08:00:31 AM
Thanks Greg, so can the mastic be replaced with destroying the hood? Or use another material?
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 74 Eldorado Convertible fr...
Last post by danjarrett1 - Yesterday at 07:58:27 AM
Thank you Bruce, I'll check out the wiring issue. Always wondered why there were two door plunger switches
General Discussion / Re: Wheres The Ark?
Last post by druby - Yesterday at 07:49:22 AM
Here are my thoughts, we spend time & money to gain folks to join this organization. We get a person interested enough to join the National club, then most likely they also become a member of a region and support both local & National events, some come with knowledge and some come with questions about the cars they own. It's hard enough to go out and find individuals willing to support our hobby much less our club. Yes, Laurie was a little vocal in some of her post with a certain person on this forum and he had an issue with her comments. She was a member who shared her excitement of owning her Cadillac and shared it with all of us, some great times with her car and some not so happy events with it. Many were entertained by her posts and maybe a few got tired of her comments, but one thing about her she told it like it was. Like anything else, if you don't like what you're reading, just scroll on by, move on to the next subject. They are certain people on this form or may I say in charge of monitoring what is posted that gets "butt hurt" if something they disagree with is directed at them. Not everyone is going to agree with what's posted on this forum and not every moderator is going to agree with a members post. As a Director of a region, I here all to many times why members don't renew their membership with the National club and by not renewing their membership we then loose a regional member who no longer has an interest in the club. As a region, we bust our ass to promote the club, we are most likely the first they encounter about wanting to join for fellowship but to do so they must become a national member. With that being said think twice about how you respond to certain issues because your actions also affect the memberships of the local regions. We know how exciting Laurie was about attending local regional events and the GN in Gettysburg in June and sadly you won't see her or the Cadillac that she is so proud of, and no she was not a member of my region just my thoughts on how this situation was handled.