News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Jack

Started by gross707, August 01, 2017, 10:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gross707

Fellow esteemed members,
I need the jack and jack stand for my '55 convertible.  I had to change a tire recently and went to the trunk only to find that I didn't have one so I used one from my '65 Riviera.  The jack that I used had an up-slanted edge that hooked the bumper with a rubber washer on it to prevent scratching the chrome but I suspect that it is not the correct one for a '55.  Can anyone enlighten me on the correct jack for this year car?  Does anyone have one for sale?
Thanks,
Gerald Ross
Gross707@aol.com
Gerald Ross

Lexi

Sent you an email. Clay/Lexi

papas52cad

Hello Clay/Lexi.
I have a 1952 Fleetwood I just bought this month, no jack or stand, might you be able to help me as well for my car?
Thanks for any help or ideas on where to find one...ya never know when you may need one.
Stay well
Peter a New and excited CLC member.
1952 Fleetwood

Lexi

Hello Peter and welcome aboard. While hunting for a jack for my '56, I got to know a bit about them as well as the '55s. I also wound up with what I think is a complete, extra 1957 Cadillac jack, (and also found one for my '56). Don't know much about the '52s, though, nor do I know where there is a set for your car at the present time. Perhaps another member can post some pics to start you on your journey, (or have one to sell)? Unfortunately the Master Parts Lists I have seen did not contain photos of these items. You should join the CLC Mid Century Cadillac group and post there as well. One thing I learned was how many cars are missing their jacks or have incorrect ones or related parts in place, (and the owners did not realize such). Assuming you want the correct jack for your car I would advise to obtain good clear photos, (including many close ups), of what lies in the trunk of another member's '52 Caddy that is suitable for referencing. You got to know exactly what you are looking for. I will see if I can get a good photo of the jack information page from a MPL, if that interests you. Wish I had more to offer. Congratulations on your Caddy acquisition! Below is the registration link to the aforementioned site. Clay/Lexi

http://midcenturycadillacs.com/index.php?action=register

Edit: I imagine that there is an Authenticity Manual covering this year. Perhaps another member can comment on whether there is some useful jack information there.

Caddy Wizard

I have a restored 1950s (??) jack laying around.  Let me see if I can remember to look for it tonight and post a picture tomorrow...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)