News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

emergency at the banquet

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, August 07, 2017, 10:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I apologize for all the excitement Saturday evening at the banquet when a bite of steak wouldn't go up (or down) the right way. I was breathing OK, but after (Dr) Lars Kneller tried the Heimlich Manuver twice and nothing moved, he said I needed to go to the ER. So we did and got back to the hotel about 2:15 AM.

I am fine now and will be much more careful about chewing in the future. Thanks for any kind thoughts and prayers on our behalf. I really regretted not being able to partake in the awarding the Leland Award to Vince Talliano. Glenn Brown told me a few moments ago that the resulting accolade was all that I had thought would happen.

I had a great time at the GN, and am very humbled to think that I had a part in initiating the GNs way, way back in 1980. We have indeed, come a long, long way, baby! We now have a new benchmark on how to put on one of these things. Barry
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

76eldo

Barry,

We are all glad that you were OK.

Stay well,

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

The Tassie Devil(le)

Boy, what an event within the event.   Should have got Glen Brown to do the Manouvre. ;)

Glad you are okay.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Walter Youshock

Happy you are ok.  Lars had quite a busy Friday and Saturday.  Good to have a doctor in the house.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Don't feel bad Barry. The same thing almost happened to me when I got my bar tab!  ::)

Glad you're OK!

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

35-709

All's well that ends well!  Glad you are OK.

Ditto on the bar bill!   ;D
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Barry M Wheeler #2189

A week ago today was our first breakfast...$40 and change. I think they gave us 15% off so that the wait-staff would get their tips. In any case, the service was great, food great, and it WAS the flagship hotel in an expensive part of the country. I think that major hotels simply have to charge to reflect what business travelers expect. (Who are on expense accounts and think nothing of "what it costs.")

I did notice that the selection on all the menus was far less varied than any respectable small town diner/restaurant in the Mid-West...

I found a "new" cafe' about thirty miles from home that had a breaded tenderloin that I got two more sandwiches out of. For you East/West coast guys, this is an Indiana/Mid-West sandwich that you nibble on for a half an hour before you come to the bun and toppings. Make sure you try one when you're in our area. Various restaurants vie for bragging rights about who has the best in the state. (Or even in their town.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville