News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need seat belts for 1963 Coupe Deville

Started by rwils, August 14, 2017, 01:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwils

Looking for original light blue front seat belts for a 1963 Cadillac coupe deville.  Webbing needs to be the light blue type color, faded OK.   I actually have 1/2 of each front seat belt, the 1/2 with the buckle and that is attached to center floor.  So I just need the 1/2 belt that attaches near the doors, and inserts into the other half with buckle.  See attached picture of the belt/buckle 1/2 I do have, and picture of where the belt 1/2 I need attaches near door. 
Thanks
R. Wilson

35-709

While you could get Cadillac seat belts in 1963, I am quite sure those are aftermarket belts based on the buckle and the belt webbing.  Gas stations and other repair shops did a land-office business back in those days installing aftermarket belts when the seat belt craze hit.  I put a set in my future mother-in-law's '62 Impala convertible back then, and delivered them by the dozens to the gas stations my father supplied as a Chevron wholesaler as part of my summer job.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

rwils

You are probably correct.  If I cant find older seat belts vaguely matching these, I may just get new ones from Andover, unless anyone has another suggestion.  Thank you.  R.Wilson