News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Unique Cadillac Collections?

Started by Jeff Wilk, August 17, 2017, 07:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

Anybody else collect Cadillac Service Accessories?  I've been gathering these for years and never realized how big the collection has grown until now as I prepare to pack them all up. I think there are more in the garage too along with a counter display stand for the Body Cleaners and Waxes. Odd for sure.....I think.....

What do you collect?

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Very nice display you have there!  It must have taken many years to amass
all of that.

I have some cans of polishes, Blue Coral wax and other items with the Cadillac
logo that were sold by dealers.  Also some original spark plugs and other
items with the AC boxes, etc. 

I also collect literature of all types, photographs and other dealer items mostly
aimed at the 1955 and 1973 period since those are the years of my two collector
Cadillacs.  For 1955, I have just about every piece of literature that was printed
by the factory, also some period magazines, etc.  The only thing I'm missing for
that year is a complete Color and Upholstery book.  I've looked for years but no
luck.

Mike

1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Bill Young

I have every Cadillac showroom brochure with few exceptions from 1946 up to 1984 with quarterly mailers and deluxe brochures for some years also. Plus many magazine ads from the fifties, sixties and early seventies. Also most Cadillac books that have been published. I am a student of Cadillac.

William Aprile

hello jeff are you selling cans and jars ?

Jeff Wilk

Hi Bill. Im getting reasy to pack all of this up for a shop move and it would be the perfect time to sell. There's A LOT there if you zoom in on the picture and look close. Are you interested in buying?

Jeff

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

Bob Kielar

Hello Jeff
               I sent you. p.m.
Regards,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

William Aprile

hello jeff , left you a message and email awaiting your call    thanks again

m-mman

Nice collection.
As an FYI you have to keep in mind that these cans all contain chemicals and solutions that can produce reactions, and that old cans can always leak.  Some of the old chemicals might even be classified as hazardous materials(?)

A friend has accumulated a mass of ancient wax cans and polishing cloths. One day he heard a bang in his collection room and found that a late 30s early 40s Lincoln wax can had 'exploded'. Turns out a bacteria(?) or fungus(?) had colonized on the old goopy wax and created a gas. Eventually the pressure was sufficient that it blew off the lid.   :o

The can and the lid were ok, but there was old, semi-liquid, sticky wax splattered everywhere!  A real mess.  :'(

These things are neat to look at but you always have to remain mindful about what is (was?) inside  ;)

1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634

Jeff Wilk

M-mann....excellent points which is why most cans and bottles are empty as you will find in the majority of any automotive can and bottle collection. Really not worried about the oils other than the huge mess a leak would make. But the cleaners and solvents are another story. Lets all keep in mind too that the cans are just tin and orone to corrode on their own. Add solvents with some mild corrosive elements within them to the inside of a can and sooner or later a leak is likely.

Lots of safety factors in our hobby including driving any of our old cars especially at todays highway speeds and crowds.....stay safe out there!!!

Jeff

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan