News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 to 1968 Coupe deVille

Started by atime, August 17, 2017, 07:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atime

I have been out of the Cadillac market for several years but its time for me to get back in.
I am looking for a coupe in very good condition and looking for some guidance as to what the market price is now.

I like the 1962's as that is the year I started out in life but I do like them up to 1968 as well. I have had about 10 Cadillacs over the years but would now like a keeper that needs nothing and wondering what kind of (realistic) prices they go for is these days? I do drive them so not looking for a 100point car.

Also any feedback as to best years and opinions on them is appreciated.

Looking forward to another Cadillac,
Martin

jdemerson

Martin,
     Here is a portion of a comparison I have done. Perhaps it will be useful for your purposes. I suspect you could be happy with any of the 60s Cadillacs. -- John

1962   Minor revision of 1961 models, dual master-cylinder brakes, heater standard with delete option,  cornering lights
1963   New body style, redesigned and lighter 390 V8 is quieter and smoother, new alternator replaces generator, air conditioner integrated with heater, available tilt steering wheel, fully transistorized radio
1964   Climate Control air conditioning available, engine size increased to 340
hp and 429 cu. in., introduction of Turbo-Hydramatic, Twilight Sentinel
lights with delay feature, last use of tail fin
1965   New body style, vertical headlights, fins gone, curved side-glass,
full perimeter frame replaces X, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, Delco super-lift automatic leveling shocks, front seat belts standard, rear seat belts optional, Brougham option on Sixty Special
1966   Optional variable-ratio power steering, optional heated seats, optional stereo AM/FM radio, front and rear seat belts standard, Fleetwood Brougham now a separate model
1967   New body style, new front-drive Eldorado, printed mylar-circuit dashboards, energy-absorbing steering column, heavily-padded instrument panel, hazard warning flashers, optional front shoulder straps, optional front disc brakes on Eldorado.
1968   New 375 hp 472 cubic inch V8, government-required side-marker lights, concealed windshield wipers under longer hood, optional front disc brakes on all models, the last year with vent windows, seat belts standard in all positions with two front shoulder belts (option at start of model year), retractors on outside belts, rear shoulder belts optional
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: atime on August 17, 2017, 07:58:06 PM
I have been out of the Cadillac market for several years but its time for me to get back in.
I am looking for a coupe in very good condition and looking for some guidance as to what the market price is now.

I like the 1962's as that is the year I started out in life but I do like them up to 1968 as well. I have had about 10 Cadillacs over the years but would now like a keeper that needs nothing and wondering what kind of (realistic) prices they go for is these days? I do drive them so not looking for a 100point car.

Martin

Suggest spending some time on eBay SOLD listings of the model years in your search which should give you some idea of current market values.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bill Young

Nice list of comparisons John , however Heater was made standard eqpt. in 1962 not "63.

D.Smith

Quote from: atime on August 17, 2017, 07:58:06 PM

Martin

Hi Martin!     Get a 1962 so we can park next to each other at shows!  LOL  We need more 61s and 62s in Connecticut!   :)

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: jdemerson on August 17, 2017, 08:30:11 PM
Martin,
     Here is a portion of a comparison I have done. Perhaps it will be useful for your purposes. I suspect you could be happy with any of the 60s Cadillacs. -- John 
1962   Minor revision of 1961 models, dual master-cylinder brakes, automatic release emergency brakes, cornering lights 
The Automatic Release Emergency Brakes came into being over the range in 1960.

Bruce.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

jdemerson

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on August 17, 2017, 11:18:58 PM
The Automatic Release Emergency Brakes came into being over the range in 1960.

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce. I do have it there for 1960 MY. So don't need it in 1962. Have made the change.

John
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X

jdemerson

Quote from: Bill Young on August 17, 2017, 09:13:58 PM
Nice list of comparisons John , however Heater was made standard eqpt. in 1962 not "63.

Many thanks Bill. This was an error on my part. I have verified with two sources, including the original data book, that you are quite right. (No surprise!).  It's fascinating just how challenging it can be to get the details exactly right. Various sources do have the wrong information, and I'd like NOT to add any more.

Thanks again, corrections are made.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X