News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957/58 mouldings

Started by ramcharger, December 11, 2017, 07:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramcharger

Hi everyone, quick question, are the window mouldings front and back the same for both years...that is 62 series coupe,also side glass mouldings I'm still looking and a 1957 Cadillac has come up on ebay for parts, i have a 58 coupe. Thanks Mike
1958 Cadillac series 62 coupe,19691/2 dodge Super Bee A12, 1968 fiat 124 coupe

fishnjim

Not sure if you're wanting interior or exterior, but best way to tell is look in the parts book and check parts numbers.   There should be '58 trim around if you search.   

C Gorgas

I can say for sure the exterior windshield molding is the same as I used one from a '58 4dr HT on my '57  2dr. I suspect the rear exterior moldings will work also. Chet 25441

cadparts58

Mike,
For the coupe, the front and side moldings for 57 and 58 are the same. The exterior( I think that is what you are asking about), the only moldings that will work on both are the two lower pieces. The C pillar and top moldings are different. Hope this helps. Frank
Frank Puma #10721

ramcharger

I may have bought the wrong front mouldings, they are listed on ebay as hardtop, here in Australia we tend to call our hardtops two door coupes. I may have to cancel the order.... Thanks Frank for the center horn badge very nice.!
1958 Cadillac series 62 coupe,19691/2 dodge Super Bee A12, 1968 fiat 124 coupe