News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

57 speaker impedance

Started by Kurt Kjelgaard, April 10, 2007, 11:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt Kjelgaard

Hi,
Anybody know the impedance of the 6*9 inch speakers intalled in the 57 Cads? My rear one is busted and I am looking for a replacement.

Dale

Hi Kurt,
My guess would be 10 ohms.

Dale.

Doug Houston

I have checked the Delco service bulletin for the 57 Cadillac radios.

There were two radios. One for the regular DeVille and 75 series cars. This set had all vacuum tubes, and while there was no indication of speaker impedance, a safe answer would be 4-6 Ohms. Speaker impedances on tube equipment are less critical than on solid state equipment.

The other set, made for the Eldorado Brougham was the first all trensistor auto radio. Again, no specification of seaker impedance, though in subsequent years, it was made very clear that 10 ohm speakers were to be used. An educated guess is that 10 ohm speakers were used on this set.  

I may know a source for the 4 ohm speaker (or the 10 ohm, as well). Please e-mail me off line for more information.

Kurt Kjelgaard

Doug, my car is a 75 and I have a hunch that the speaker is 8 ohms, but wanted to have it confirmed.
Can you point me in the direction of a replacement 6 by 9 inch speaker?
Thanks,
kurt

Doug Houston

KURT: contact me at my e-mail address in the membership book. Im in Michigan.

Kurt Kjelgaard

Doug, I tried to sign up as a CLC member some time ago, but never got any response back.
I am not sure about where to find the membership book, you are referring to. What to do?

best regards
Kurt

Jeff Hansen, #4225

Kurt,

If you signed up (I assume you signed up online) and never got a response from us, send our Office Managers an email at clcoffice@cadillaclasalleclub.org to follow up with them.

We would welcome you as a member!

Jeff Hansen

Kurt Kjelgaard

Thanks, will do right away.
Kurt