News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Under seat heater - 41-60S

Started by Paul Phillips, May 24, 2012, 07:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Phillips

As part of the ongoing resto project, I started yesterday on the underseat heaters.  The unit on the driver side has a block off plate to prevent airflow at the front that appears to be a factory job; all airflow on that side goes to rear.  The passenger side unit allows airflow both front and rear.  Is the driver side unit correct, or did someone do a really good job modifying it sometime in the past?  Now is an opportune time to make a correction, if needed.

Thanks
Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

Richardonly

Hello Paul,

To my understanding, the underseat heater (heaters) were mostly to provide heat to the rear of the car.

This is how it is for the 1948 Fleetwood 60S, BUT I only have one for the rear.

I am sure that someone with a 1941 will be able to answer you in certainty to your question, as it appears there are many 1941s discussed here.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

My 41 convertible does not have such a block off plate. The airflow isn't real strong but it does exit at front and back both driver and passenger sides.

HTH

Scott
1941 Cadillac 6267X Convertible Coupe
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

murph

hi paul have just looked at my 41 fleetwood and the drivers side under seat heater is ducted to blow front and back   alan murphy in the uk
ALAN MURPHY  CLC MEMBER IN ENGLAND