News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac 50th Anniversary interesting/funny/unusual photos

Started by Tony, May 18, 2009, 08:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

In its glorious 50th year it would be great to see some interesting, unusual, funny or just weird pictures of any 59 Cads.
Or even just pictures of you and your 59 parked somewhere nice on a Sunday afternoon.

I will get it rolling with a picture of me and four x 59 Eldorado Biarritzs in one room at one time.

Thanks

Tony

Ross Morgan #22943

Good idea!  Here's a couple of photos.  The first is a great original photo taken in 1960 - note the rear hubcap is already missing .....  The second, well, perhaps this '59 just needed a rest.

Ross.

wrefakis

We are a long way from 59!!!    Here is my persian Biarritz!   Would love to see more vintage shots,and restoration before and after photos.
Still working on the roster,over 400 and counting!

Charles D. Barnette

Last weekend at a local car show at the Tex-Ark Antique Auto Museum in Texarkana, a black 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood showed up. In continuing honor of the great 59 Cads, I have asked Carla to post my picture here of this car. Also to honor the GM wagons of 1959, I have taken a couple of pictures of 1/25 scale models of a 59 Cadillac ambulance, the 1959 Buick Texan (a one off vehicle with a sunroof), and of a 1959 Chevrolet Nomad. GM was truly in its heyday with the 59s! Charles D. Barnette

Carla

Carla

Here is the picture of the fronts of the 1959 wagons.

Carla

Here is the picture of the rears of the 1959 wagons.

ronw

I'll keep this thread rolling. Here's a photo of my 59 with my Dad's MG.
Ron
Ron in Sydney, Australia
1959 Series 62 Coupe
1970 Eldorado

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Carla

Behind this door lives a 1959 Pink Cadillac.....

Carla

This real pink 1959 Cadillac is the bed in a fantasy suite motel room in Denton, Texas.  The room is available for $200.00 a night.  The original engine is still in place under the hood!  Photo by Charles D. Barnette.

Carla

This special clock is in the pink Cadillac motel room in Denton, Texas.

Pat Caruso CLC #17825

For all the Professional Car fans in the audience.......
Webmaster - Raritan River Region CLC   http://www.rrrclc.org
Webmaster - Valley Forge Region CLC   http://www.vfrclc.org

1975 Cadillac Sedan deVille

Ross Morgan #22943

Having fun with 1959's, 50 years on!

The attached photos are from the Cadillac LaSalle Club of Australia (Western Australian Region) meet last Sunday at a very nice place called Jackadder Lake, Woodlands.  Daughter Jean and friend Veronica had a great time in the '59 Caddie convertible!  The second photo could be summarised by saying that there is still interest in "taking a look under the hood....".  The man on the left (in the stripped shirt) happened to be walking by and just had to have a look as well!

Ross.

Carla

A row of 1959 Cadillac rear fins appears in this picture at the 1986 Grand National in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.  This photo was taken by Charles D. Barnette.

Vince Taliano #13852

Sandy Kemper’s 1959 Coupe Deville celebrates its golden birthday with a nice wash!
2009 Annual Spring Car Show and Automobilia Auction
Capitol Cadillac
Greenbelt MD

To see more pictures from the show, visit http://www.clcpotomacregion.org/2009springcarshow.htm
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

Charles D. Barnette

When one views the 59 Cadillac-there is no middle ground. You either love it or hate it! I for one love them. I saw my first 59 Cadillac when I was 10 years old while riding on the local bus one Saturday morning enroute to my weekly piano lesson. The backup lenses were so huge, the bus driver thought they were headlamps and made the statement that he could not figure out if the car was coming toward him or away from him. The car we were looking at was a yellow 59 Cad Fleetwood. Later I saw the car parked near my schoolyard where to me (like my dad's 59 Buick) it appeared to be a rocket ready to blast off to Mars. The Fleetwood was my favorite 59, because it had the most chrome on it compared to the other 59 models. My dad's 59 Buick was a 4 door flat-top. I have often wondered since the top of the line Buick-the Electra- had a flat-top 4 door available why didn't the Cadillac Fleetwood also come in a flat-top model? I also remember reading early in my legal career about a case where the plaintiff accidentally impaled himself on a 59 Cad rear fin while the plaintiff was running as a pedestrian! The 59 Cad fin was as big as fins got and signaled the decrease and eventual deletion of the ornamental design. You have to admit however that the 59 Cad still turns heads today when it passes by! Charles D. Barnette

David Greenburg

Like Charles, I began my fascination with '59s at a very early age.  I also acted on it at a very early age, buying a really nice '59 CDV when I was 13 for $350 with money I saved from my paper route.  I planned to keep it until I was old enough to drive it, but I learned the trans was bad and knew I couldn't afford that on my paper boy budget, so I sold it a few months later and bought a '60 Impala flat top.  But I never got over the '59, and not long after I was out on my own in the working world, I bought my '59 60S.  Drove it home on Xmas eve, 1984.  A couple of years later, met my wife because she heard I was restoring a finned Cad and she like them, too. Nearly 25 years later, we're all still together.  I would like to own a flat top, and have also wondered why the Fleetwood wasn't available as a "6039."  I have a spare set of Fleetwood trim.  Maybe I'll make my own 6039 some day.  In the meantime, here's a pinup.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

jaxops

Quote from: David Greenburg on May 21, 2009, 02:23:08 AM
Like Charles, I began my fascination with '59s at a very early age.  I also acted on it at a very early age, buying a really nice '59 CDV when I was 13 for $350 with money I saved from my paper route.  I planned to keep it until I was old enough to drive it, but I learned the trans was bad and knew I couldn't afford that on my paper boy budget, so I sold it a few months later and bought a '60 Impala flat top.  But I never got over the '59, and not long after I was out on my own in the working world, I bought my '59 60S.  Drove it home on Xmas eve, 1984.  A couple of years later, met my wife because she heard I was restoring a finned Cad and she like them, too. Nearly 25 years later, we're all still together.  I would like to own a flat top, and have also wondered why the Fleetwood wasn't available as a "6039."  I have a spare set of Fleetwood trim.  Maybe I'll make my own 6039 some day.  In the meantime, here's a pinup.

Great story Dave.  Congratulations, I really like the sedans!!!!
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

jaxops

Quote from: Carla on May 19, 2009, 11:03:05 AM
This real pink 1959 Cadillac is the bed in a fantasy suite motel room in Denton, Texas.  The room is available for $200.00 a night.  The original engine is still in place under the hood!  Photo by Charles D. Barnette.
Charles,

I wonder if someone helped themselves to the fender skirts and emblems, or did the hotel pull them "for safety?"
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA