News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Wiper Question 59 Cadillac Fleetwood

Started by curly, September 24, 2012, 10:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curly

All, my passenger side wiper keeps jumping off the track.  I have replaced the plastic guides, but the problem is still there.  I turn the wipers on and usually on the second wipe, going up, the wiper arm comes off the track and flips upside down.  I have tried watching what happens but it is moving too quick to catch.  Anyone experienced this and/or have a suggestion.

Thanks
T Lewis

Grant Owen

I would check the shaft on the transmission that comes out of the wiper Grille (the part the wiper arm fits on).
This could be frozen you should be able to push it in & out. I hope this makes sense.

curly

Grant,
You the man!  The wiper shaft on the right barely moved at all in the in/out direction, and the linkage had an audible squeak once I removed the wiper arms.  I removed both wiper transmissions, cleaned and lubed everything.  Problem solved!  Talk about making something more complicated than it needs to be. I think Rube Goldberg designed the linkage.

Thanks again,

T Lewis