News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Wiper arm Spring

Started by Caddy Daddy, November 21, 2012, 05:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Daddy

Hi everyone, I have got trouble with my drivers side windscreen wiper arm on my 61, having its spring come off, the spring certainly has some high tension, and I am finding it very difficult to pull it back over the lug that was originally holding it, any tips for this?

Also I have fixed every leak oil and exhaust on my 51 year old Caddy, its nice to know I have it near to perfect mechanically, now to start on the body Regards Milton Watkins, Gold Coast
Milton Watkins

n2caddies

Hi Milton,
Just an uneducated guess not having had that problem myself. Is there room to get a pry tool in there like you would use on brake springs? Maybe make one out of some rigid tubing or a rod. Probably will have to put it in a vise to hold it being carefull to protect it from scratching with a rag. Good luck let us know how you got it back on.
Randy
CLC# 26143
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX