News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Window seals

Started by Denise 20352, August 19, 2005, 02:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denise 20352

Where can I get the seals that go along the bottom of the passenger windows, both the outside ones that attach to the door, and the inside ones that are in the interior door panel?  How about the brush-type material that is in the window track?  This is for a 76 CC.

I may need to buy this stuff by the foot, because I think that the coachmaker made the front doors longer.

thanks

-densie

Porter 21919

Densie,

That would be the beltline weatherstrip, on my 66 CDV they are attached to the SS exterior trim piece, I got them from USA parts and they were made by Steele. They are brass with the rubber molded to them, they have tabs you bend over and you have to use pop rivets on the ends. Some outfits sell lineal footage you have to cut and pop rivet them on.

My interior felts on the door panel were good to go.

Point is Steele is the only manufacturer as far as I know, they have a website. Not as if these items are flying off the shelves at WalMart.

I got a nice custom made vinyl top from Supercar and a few other weatherstrip items, another vendor sent me a bogus vinyl top and it went back for a refund.

Porter ( not 76 advice but HTH )

Rhino 21150

J.C. Whitney has a bunch of weatherstripping in more or less universal styles. Check their website. They are WAY cheaper than Steele. And the stuff (some of it) is sold by the foot. Universal is code for popular Ford and GM, dont bet it will fit your Essex. They have stuff for window channels and once around the door frame or trunk. NOT factory original. No windshield, vent or fixed glass applications.