News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Window Sticker Codes

Started by Dave MacGregor 18998, March 19, 2007, 03:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave MacGregor 18998

I have a blank Window Sticker from 1977.

Does anyon know if and is it possible to find the proper GM delarship code for a now defunct dealership from where the vehicle came from?

I always wondered too why Cadillac historical services cuts off in the early 70s and doesnt go later than they do.  It would be a GREAT help if they could at least push the date a little later now to perhaps the early 80s now for us since those cars are now getting older.

Thanks for anyones help in advance!

Dave

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

Dave,

Apparently the paper records were destroyed after transferring the data to magnetic tape.  This occurred on records starting with the 1971 model year.  The magnetic tapes were then damaged some time later and are supposedly unretrievable.  Some genius also threw out the 1968 production records.  Hopefully Cadillac has kept records for recent model years on a safe media ... like paper!

Ive got the window sticker from my 77 Biarritz if you are interested in how they look when the data is filled out.

68 Eldo & 77 Biarritz  

Dave MacGregor

Thanks for the info.

Could you please scan the sticker for me?

You can use my alternate email which is 77eldo@mac.com

Thanks!

Dave

Tom Hall 7485

Mr. MacGregor, can you tell me what dealership you need the code for?  I may be able to help.  I have been struggling to reconstruct these codes for some months.

Matt Larson may be able to explain why GM does not have shipping info for 1971 and newer cars. My guess is that sheer volume made it impractical to keep such records. Over a quarter million Cadillacs a year were shipped for most of the 1970s, and the dealer code system was somewhat revamped in that decade as well. Add to that the complicated system of order codes, with options proliferating like bunny rabbits, and you have some real administrative headaches for GM.

Speaking of which, I can make your day by telling you that the options go on the sticker in a certain order....