News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

50 state vehicles?

Started by JoeFaz, January 20, 2018, 01:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeFaz

Greetings:
I'm trying to determine if the 1994-1996 Fleetwoods (base and Brougham package) are 50 state vehicles I live in Ca. so this is a must if I purchase sight-unseen on-line from out of state. Does anyone have this info? I tried Cadillac directly but no one has responded.
Thanks in advance.
Joe

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Is this an issue on a car of this age? My understanding this only applies to new (never previously titled) cars with under 7,500 miles, could not be registered in CA - for an otherwise 49-state car. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

JoeFaz

Trying to get a definitive answer from DMV is like pulling teeth, only worse. My understanding of the 7500 mile rule is that it can be registered as a used vehicle but still must comply to the 50 state thing. If I were to buy one from another (free state) and it didn't smog I could never EVER register it in Ca. 7500 miles or not. This may or may not be the case but I'd rathr not take the chance.
Thanks.