News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 Deville seat belt question

Started by 69Deville, January 22, 2018, 12:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Deville

Hello,

My 1969 Deville convertible  was missing the original seat belts for the front bench and the back had originals. I have found replacements, but have a couple of questions before I order them.

1. Are the buckles for the front bench the same size as the back bench? I have read that some cars have a smaller buckle up front.

2. Is there a way to read the tags on the original belts to ensure I am ordering the correct color. My interior is red and the rear belts look to be a slightly dark red. However, they have been stained by leaking Convertible cylinders.

I am leaning towards replacing all of the belts with "red" but want to make sure I shouldn't be ordering maroon.

Thank you
1969 Cadillac Deville Convertible
1966 Cadillac Series 60 Fleetwood
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham-sold :(

jsanford

If I recall correctly, front outboad lap belts are the small buckle, center front and all rear are large buckle. If you had a closed car the front shoulder belts would have large buckles.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Sacramento, CA
1980 Seville
1981 Eldorado
2016 ELR

69Deville

Quote from: jsanford on January 22, 2018, 10:27:19 PM
If I recall correctly, front outboad lap belts are the small buckle, center front and all rear are large buckle. If you had a closed car the front shoulder belts would have large buckles

After reading this and looking at some online listings, I believe you are correct about the small and large buckles. Thank you
1969 Cadillac Deville Convertible
1966 Cadillac Series 60 Fleetwood
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham-sold :(