News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1978 Craigslist Caddy Pickup

Started by domer, July 05, 2009, 01:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domer

Hey guys check this caddy out. Don't know anything about it. It was posted on the Colorado Craigslist site. I figured it would be an interesting thing to talk about.
dominique

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/1249125587.html
Dominique Vasquez #24943
1959 Coupe Deville http://bit.ly/1XkRuZc
1994 Fleetwood  http://bit.ly/1OTqOf1

TJ Hopland

I like the concept but not quite my taste.  Looks like it was well done.  I have seen them done with a chop saw and bondo then finished with a rattle can.  At least it still has a cadillac motor.  I suppose a Northstar would have been cool.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

35-709

This car/pickup had 2 and possibly 3 runs on eBay, never came even close to the price he is asking.  I am sure that there is a lot of money invested in this car and I would like very much to have one of these but they are no way worth that kind of money in my estimation and that seems to be his trouble in selling it. 

To me it is almost too nice.  Too nice to have any utility as a pickup and there just aren't that many people that want to spend that kind of money to drive around in a Cadillac pickup that is too nice to use.  Having said that, I would buy it in a minute for around $16,000.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

The Tassie Devil(le)

Wonder if it would be any good for carrying a load of stuff?

My Ute gets used, or should I say, abused?  Can't waste all that rear space.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

J

nice color ;D i guess he figures since its done you wont be hauling anymore parts with it lol  i would like one that i can throw stuff and pull something without being scared of getting a stone chip
Cadillac got me!!!

53caddy

Very nice only wish it could have a utility purpose.
53 Cadillac Series 62 4 dr

Otto Skorzeny

Ford called those Rancheros in the US, Bruce.

What did they name it in Australia? It looks like something Squire. Our wagons were called Country Squire.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Forest,

Yes, mine is a true Ranchero Squire that I imported back in 1989, and converted it to RHD.

Plus, it is a 1970 version, and the only one here in Tasmania.   I call it a Ute (Utility), as this is what us Aussies call these vehicles.   Too small for a Truck Status, and too big for a Trunk.

One day, I will complete the restoration/rebuild, but till then it is getting used for a little bit more than it was intended.   Carries a 1 Ton load, with 65 psi pressure in the rear tyres ;D

It has a 351 Cleveland with C10 (Original 302W with C4), Lincoln Mark IV Bucket Seats, HD Main Leaves in the Rear Springs, and I have a set of 1976 Ford Thunderbird Aluminium Wheels for it as well.

It draws a lot of attention whenever I drive her, as she is sitting lower than most Utes around here, and the best part of it is the visibility from the driver's seat, rearward is superior to the Utes that Holden and Ford make here.

Bruce. >:D

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Walter Youshock

It is interesting.

It looks like it may have been a Thacker Chicago flower car.  Back when I was "in the business", we had a 1980 Mercury Marquis station wagon that was converted into a "hearse".  It had a highly padded roof and rear table, but was a standard car.  They did similar chnges to other cars and this looks like a standard Coupe deVille with a modified rear deck and standard wheelbase. 

Maybe this started as a similar conversion that was later modified.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

veesixteen

One of these is part of Jim Rogers' collection (Sun Belt Corp, Las Vegas) that we were fotunate to view last month.  The name is actually "EGIDI" and not "EQIDI" as shown on the placard on the car.  You either love 'em or hate 'em.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"