News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 Lasalle

Started by Marc Warren, April 21, 2013, 12:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Warren

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a 1937 Lasalle coupe and am excited to start driving it. The story I received was that it was owned by an older gentleman who passed away 10 years ago and his wife decided to sell it since it had been sitting in their garage for over 30 years. It has a 1954 Olds rocket motor in it with a Hydramatic transmission (most likely installed back in the 60's). After a fluid change and a tune up, she fired right up. It is missing a few pieces and a few pieces are broken, but I hope to replace them soon. It has only one small spot of rust and that's below the right side of the trunk....that's it. I know I have a lot to learn, but after restoring a 1949 Cadillac convertible, I'm up for the challenge.

Marc

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Hi Marc,
Congratulations on your find. Post what you need on this board. Someone may be able to help.
If you are in Ca., I suggest getting a set of 37 plates in the YOM program. What happened to the black plates that were on the car?
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Muzza427

What a sensational topline the coupes have. Looks like a great project - Enjoy it!
Cheers

Murray
Murray Bollen
Mandurah, West Australia
1960 Coupe DeVille
1966 Fleetwood Brougham

C.R. Patton II

Hello Marc

Welcome to the forum.

You have acquired a nice 1937 LaSalle 5027 Sport Coupe with production of 5,801. What are your plans for the vehicle? I would suggest attending a Cadillac & LaSalle Club Region meeting near your residence. In the state of California we have extraordinary members with knowledge of and commitment toward the preservation of your car.

Please post more pictures of your automobile especially the body plate and vehicle identification number. We are here to assist you.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Marc Warren

Bob,

I am in the process of getting original 37 plates assigned to the car. The plate on the car is just a plate I threw on so I don't get hassled by my home owners association. I plan on getting all the DMV stuff taken care of this week.

C.R.,

Thanks for the production information. Currently, I plan on driving it as is for the summer while I finish up my other cars in my garage. Once those cars are done, I plan on moving the Lasalle into the garage and tinkering with it over the winter. I'd like to pull the Olds motor and replace it with a Cadillac motor....probably a 331ci since I'm familiar with them.

I do plan on contacting the regional director and obtain some info and help. I am trying to find companies that offer restoration parts for my Lasalle. I will post data plate and VIN information once I get the DMV paperwork completed.

Marc