News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1940 LaSalle 5219 for sale

Started by DM13634, October 03, 2013, 02:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM13634

I picked this car up a few months ago from an aviation museum that did not want it anymore.  The car was sitting under a covered porch for the last several years.  I have worked on the engine to get it running again, replaced the master cylinder, and generally cleaned it up.  I hate to get rid of it, but I am moving and I really do not have room for it at the new place.  The car drives well for sitting so long.  It is not in perfect shape, but it is well enough along that it would not take a lot to make it really nice. 

Here is what I know about the car:
    First owner bought the car in San Antonio at Goad Cadillac.
    Second owner inherited the car from first owner.  Car was moved to Fort Worth in 1960's.
    Third owner worked for General Dynamics and lived in Paris, Texas.
    Fourth owner (Jimmy W. Dailey) bought the car in 1972.
    Fifth owner (Charles Decker) won 1st prize in a LaSalle car show in Cresson, Texas in 1975.  Mr. Decker donated the car to the Historic Aviation Memorial Museum before he passed away.
    Current owner - Dennis McAfee

The car is located in Tyler, TX.  I can be reached at 903.780.5174.  I am asking $13,000. 
Thank you,
Dennis McAfee

DM13634

I am moving to Houston, so I can make the car available in Houston if necessary.

DM13634

I am moving the car to Houston in the next 2 weeks.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Dennis

Thank you posting the LaSalle on the CLC Forum.

Please provide the body plate data and the vehicle identification number.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

DM13634

I have attached a picture of the body plate.  I am actually in Houston right now so I don't have the VIN with me right now.  I can get it tomorrow.

Thanks.

DM13634

Found the VIN.

VIN:  4327390      Odometer: 54,754 (this is what it said when I bought it)

DM13634

Body plate

C.R. Patton II

Hello Dennis

I cannot detect the numbers on your body data plate. I suggest you obtain a vehicle invoice from:
GM Media Archive
Allied Vaughn
11923 Brookfield
Livonia, Michigan 48150
Attn: GM Vehicle Invoice & Cadillac Collection
734-462-5543 ext 163 ($50)
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

DM13634

I will order the vehicle invoice.  In the mean time here is another pic that should be better and the numbers on it.

Style No.      40-5219
Body No.      5692
Trim No.      55
Painting No. 1

C.R. Patton II

Hello Dennis

I appreciate the clarity.

I surmise that your car was built in 1940 January. Allied Vaughn will provide the actual.
Trim is tan bedford cord
Paint is black

52Cadillac

SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

C.R. Patton II