News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 1958 Dash Questions

Started by Cadillac Nut, February 05, 2018, 04:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac Nut

Is there any difference between the metal dash shell in 57 and 58?  Is there any difference between an AC and non AC 1958 dash? Thanks

cadman56

Not sure about 57 vs. 58.  I have both AC and non-AC dashes for 58.  they are different.
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820

fishnjim

I know the '57 radio speaker is in a separate pod below the dash, while the '58 is inboard behind the grille.   From memory, some other minor differences, trim, gauges, etc.
You can go to the gmheritagecenter.com and look (free) in the archives at the specification manuals and they'll show pictures of what each model interior looks like.   
The authenticity manual(CLC) is another source for this type info.

Cadillac Nut

How are the 58 AC and non AC dashes different?  I've got 58 parts cars, and looking at a 57 that needs a dash.   I know there are trim differences 57 to 58 just wondering about the metal shell.   

Roger Zimmermann

In my opinion, the shell must be different: by looking at the MPL, 1957 black dash cover has one part number; the '58 black dash cover has a different part number. 1957 is cheaper than 1958 for the same color.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Cadillac Nut

Ok thanks, what about 58 AC vs non AC?    The vents on the top of the dash?