News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1938 Cadillac series 75... Need the front passenger window regulator

Started by Vintage_Engineering, February 07, 2018, 12:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage_Engineering

Hello I am in search of a front passenger window regulator for a '38 Cadillac series 75 Fleetwood sedan Convertible.

The gears in the part on the end where the roller section goes stripped out.

Any help with the part, or a substitute part I could use in it's place would be great. I have included pic of the front and back to help with part selection.

Thanks

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

Just to be clear is it the end that the handles fits on or the part that the window connects to.  On the window end from the picture you are missing one of the springs.  Everything about this is tough.  It is the last year of the style of handle so even a 39 and 40 75 series does not work although on the window end I think there is some interchange.  I don't believe the clutch (or maybe a more proper name is brake) on the handle end on these is available either.  The 39 and up are from RS&S.  The clutch in this is smaller.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo