News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Requesting photo of 38 wheel covers

Started by Bill Gauch, March 07, 2006, 06:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gauch

Does anyone have any good photos of wheel covers for a 38, specifically a series 65. I know there is a difference between LaSalle and Cadillac, but I dont know if there is a difference between the different series models. I seem only to be able to find good photos of LaSalles or 40s and later regular Caddys. Links or direct e-mail is fine. I was considering putting a bid on these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8044666340&rd=1&sspagename=STRK3AMEWA3AIT&rd=1 TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8044666340&rd=1&sspagename=STRK3AMEWA3AIT&r

but there only in ok condition. I sent the guy a couple e-mails (both through eBay and directly) and didnt get a reply. As a result, I probably wont make a bid on general principle, but I do need some covers. I sent an e-mail to allcads to see if they stocked them. They told me they only stocked from 39 and up, but most people buy 39s to put on earlier cars because people dont know what they look like. This sounds like a crap answer to me with all the information out there (here).

John Tozer #7946

Bill,

I got my 37s from McVeys some time ago (not cheap). If their problems with their web site get sorted, try them. They are certainly of a very high quality and I suspect the ones in the photos will cost as much to restore as new ones.

Regards,

John Tozer

Doug Houston

The two on the left are the ones you want. the rest are for 39-40 V8 Cadillacs.

Bruce Berghoff-CLC #1476

Bill... In addition to checking out the face configuration of the 38 Cadillac Wheel Covers you might also have to be concerned with some dimensions on the backside ! Cadillac made two different covers in 37-38 depending on the wheel size they were going on. If you check the depth of the 9 diameter collar on the backside of the wheel cover that clamps into the wheel clips you will see that for large series wheels the collar measures 2 deep, whereas on small series wheel covers the collar measures only about 1 -1/2 deep. That might sound like hoakum, but when large series car owners try to put small series wheel covers on their cars and the collars dont reach.... theyll know what Im talking about ! Conversely, I think large series covers will work fine on either series wheel ?