News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need a set of Red 1979-81 Up? Fleetwood only Wreath and Crest Emblems

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, June 13, 2015, 05:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just found a set of NOS standard Eldo/Seville wheel covers on eBay, but they have the later gray backgrounds. This is a way for you to get rid of your dented and scarred wheel covers that you can't sell. Just pull the decent emblems (Must be Fleetwood with wreath & crests) and toss the wheel cover in your scrap metal pile.

Like Scarlett O'Hara, I hate, despise, and abominate cleaning wire wheel covers, and have been looking for a nice set of standard caps that all I have to do is wipe off. Please take the time to check your old wheel covers that you can't move and see if they have decent crests. (No, the red caps on the wires are riveted on...)

Call me @ 574-967-3752 EDT up until 10 PM. Thanks, Barry
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

936CD69

Barry, the 76-81 MPL lists the insert as PN 1613615, it fits 79FWB, 79-81 Eldo, 80-81 Seville only. 80 and later FWB uses a different part number for both the insert and the bezel.  The Database lists 82 Eldo- Seville as the same, but I don't have a parts book that covers those years. If the 80 up FWB insert fits, I think I have a nice set with the red insert
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hi Craig, The type I need I think uses a three bolt attachment. I can't pull up the original ad which shows the rear of one cover and would let both of us be sure of what's what. Just include a shot of the back of one of your units to: fltd6019nwcable.net. Thanks for the quick response. Barry.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

936CD69

I found the covers I have Barry, it has been years since they have seen the light of day...and not as nice as I remember them, the inserts are checked and the bezels are pitted. If it helps, the red insert itself is 6.5 inches in diameter, and the exposed red disc is 6 1/8". There is a lip which the bezel fits over to secure the insert which is 3/16" wide. The overall diameter of the bezel is 9". I found a used Seville cover on e*bay and the bezel is MUCH smaller in appearance. I just don't think these will help you, sorry.

Craig
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I appreciate your looking for them. Thanks again. I did buy another set of wheel covers with the red.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville