News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB - 1958 Fleetwood 60 Special

Started by Ralph Williams, CLC # 18472, July 15, 2015, 01:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Williams, CLC # 18472

Greetings all--

I'm looking for a 1958 60 Special in good condition to add to my collection.  Car must be in good/excellent condition.  No project cars please.

All the best,

Ralph
Ralph Williams, CLC # 18472, Life Member
1953 Coupe DeVille
1955 Fleetwood 60 Special
1959 Sedan DeVille
2014 CTS-V Coupe

Rod Dahlgren #19496

All the good ones are in Sweden and Germany -- Well, Australia too--- and more in Norway, New Zealand,  Austria and Switzerland --- I did keep ONE for myself. Took it partially apart so I would be able to tell guys, it is an expensive project car.. Then they leave me alone about trying to buy it.. I KNOW that as soon as I put the interior back in (stored because) and drive it outside--- I'll be to darned tempted with an offer.. EXACTLY what happened to my last one.. I was made an offer I could not refuse.
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

Thanks Rod.  It appears this will not be an easy car to find.  Must be that rear quarter trim...  Just gorgeous!

Ralph
1953 Coupe DeVille
1959 Sedan DeVille
2014 CTS-V Coupe

tpowel2

Hi Ralph,  My next car will be a '58 Fleetwood 60 Special.  However, I will not be ready for another 6 to 9 months.  I've been researching them for the last couple of months to see what they are bringing.  I've found a couple you might be interested in.  I have no connection what so ever with these sellers, they just seemed like good deals.

This first one is the one I'd buy right now if I were ready, of course that is if it's as good as the pictures indicate.

http://www.lancemotors.net/inventorymanager.php?action=view&Id=736549

This one is a lot less expensive, but might be worth a look.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/5123601819.html

Good luck!
Tim

tpowel2

Greg Powers

Good Luck with your search. Once you find one you'll never want to let it go. Just such an amazing Cadillac. 
G.L. Powers>1954 Series 62 Sedan/1958 Fleetwood 60 Special-sold/1963 Series 62 Convertible-sold/1970 Fleetwood Brougham-sold/1994 Fleetwood Brougham/1971 Sedan Deville-sold/2000 Deville-sold/2001 DTS-sold/1976 Eldorado Convertible-sold/1983 Coupe Deville-sold/1990 Allante-sold/1990 and 1991 Brougham deElegance-sold/1992 Brougham-sold/Always looking!

Cadillac Nut

The grey one at Lance Motors is a great deal.  My project 60 Special is the exact same color combination, and this is the only other one I've ever seen.   It's very striking!!!

tpowel2

Ralph, I see from another tread you have found one... Congratulations! 

Yep.  I sure did.  Found her in Virginia.  If all goes well with the "in person inspection," we'll be bringing her home the week of August 3.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Ralph 
1953 Coupe DeVille
1959 Sedan DeVille
2014 CTS-V Coupe

The car I found in Virginia didn't quite work.  The sellers were absolutely wonderful, but my in-person inspection revealed the car required more work than I'm interested in.

So, I'm still in the market for a '58 60 Special in excellent condition.

Thanks to all!!

Ralph
1953 Coupe DeVille
1959 Sedan DeVille
2014 CTS-V Coupe

tpowel2

Ralph,  Sorry it didn't work out, but I'm sure  you will find the right car.  The one in Dallas in my prior link has sold.  Also, there was a project car on ebay a couple days ago that was only listed two days and they sold it, so these cars must be hot.   Are you looking for a finished car or project?

Tim

Thanks Tim.  I'm looking for a finished car. 

I'm starting my drive from Virginia back to Texas tomorrow (Aug 5) and am going to start a new post seeing if anyone might know of a 58 60 Special along the southern route between Virginia and Texas.

Ralph
1953 Coupe DeVille
1959 Sedan DeVille
2014 CTS-V Coupe

tpowel2

Ralph,
Could you please share the information on the car you passed on?  I'm looking for a '58 too and wouldn't mind doing some work.  What type of work did it need?  What color combo is it and most importantly how much are they asking for it? 

Thank!
Tim

Tim--

I just sent you a personal message with my cell number.  Please give me a call and I'll share my views on the car.

I also included the contact info on the seller.

Ralph

P.S. This is the first personal message I've sent to another member.  I think I sent it correctly.  Please let me know...
1953 Coupe DeVille
1959 Sedan DeVille
2014 CTS-V Coupe