News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1932 Cadillac 353 engine parts needed

Started by Roger Newton, February 26, 2005, 12:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Newton

Could someone tell me if the is a source for engine parts for a 1932 Cadillac V8 353ci engine? I am looking for main and rod bearing inserts, rings, and a set of cylinder heads.
 Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Newt (Roger Newton)

Johan Boltendal 158

Hello Newt,
Visit Egge Machine, http://www.egge.com TARGET=_blank>www.Egge.com   most of your needs will be met
Good luck Johan

Paul Ayres #5640

Roger - The mains and rod bearings in your 353 engine were poured babbit, not inserts.  While the main bearings are removeable, they are thick bronze shells which must be re-poured with babbit and align bored in the crankcase to get them back to size.  The rod bearings can be converted to insert bearings by boring out the babbit and resizing the rod bores to accept insert bearings for International Scout V-6 engines.  I am in the process of rebuilding my 1933 353 engine (identical to your 1932) with this modification.  Send me an e-mail if you have any questions about parts ources, etc.  Paul Ayres

Roger Newton

Johan:
Thank you for the response. I have checked their website and will contact them.
Roger Newton

Roger Newton

Paul: I thank you for the response and the information.
I will contact you by email also
Roger Newton