News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

How many miles per gallon on your older Cadillac?

Started by Fred Zwicker #23106, April 12, 2009, 06:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidematic

That's all part of paying attention to the details. Besides the obvious safety benefits.

Also the alignment can degrade mileage. A quick check of your front tires can reveal any potential problems.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

dadscad

Depending on the operating conditions, idle time, city driving etc., my 63 CDV has given mileage from 11 mpg to 20 mpg. Usually, it runs between 14 & 16 mpg in combined city and highway use.

David
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

Wayne Womble 12210

My `31 Sedan has done as well as 14, but is usually around 12 on a trip.  The `33 Conv. Cp. did only 10 for the 600 + miles to the Savannah GN. That actually surprised me a bit. I thought it would be better, but now I realize that it was August and nearly 100 deg. The brakes were holding a little bit, and the engine was very tired. It had a couple of cylinders that are down on compression. So, I guess it was actually OK. I am sure that figure will go up with the new engine rebuild. 

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

I guess I may as well join the party here:

My 1955 Eldorado (duel carbs and all) was getting around 14 mpg on the highway.
However, that's before a complete engine rebuild.  I haven't had it on a long trip
since restoration, but it would likely do better -- sure runs much smoother.

Funny enough, my 1973 Eldorado with the 500 CI engine also gets about
14 mpg on trips (original engine and all) and around 10-12 mpg in the city.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Dave Ventresca

My 53 coupe de ville would get close to 20 mpg on the hiway, around 12-14 around town. The 53 Eldo gets a little worse mileage due to the lower rear end and maybe 600 pounds heavier. Dave

J Kjerrulf

My 57' with dual quads puts from 7 to 21 mpg. Imperial. Have driven some 12 500 miles the last 2 years (winter too) and I have noticed that I get the best mpg around 40 mph. (1.4 litres firm/10km with no A/C running) I think this is more than OK considering age/power to weight ratio/my led foot. In the winter I can reach 17-18 mpg, often sideways..
/J Kjerrulf
Eldorado Seville 1957

Thomas Bredahl

My '49 fastback gets 20 miles to the gallon all day long at 55 mph  ;D
I think it is ok even if gas is $6 a gallon here 
Thomas
Copenhagen - Denmark

Steve Matthews

My '41 Sixty Special with stick shift has been getting right at 15 mpg in city driving - haven't taken it on a long enough road trip yet to calculate highway miles.  Mileage did go up slightly after Daytona rebuilt the carburetor...

TommyO

My '50 Caddy 75 averages between 12 and 15 mpg on the highway.  2 --3mpg less around town.

My fifty seven convertible with the top up,windows closed 16.5 on the highway. 14mpg around town,  with the top down on a nice day, 12--13 on the highway and 14 around town as well!

My 95 Brougham with the LT1 deriative gets a solid 21.5 on the highway.  Unsure of in town mileage as I don't drive it much around town

Each one is unique in its' own way.  Gas mileage included!  Nothing beats a caddy!
Tomeo