News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Scams
Last post by Tucker6077 - Today at 06:26:50 PM
It it absolutely disgusting the number of scammers that infiltrate these websites. Twice in one day I backed off a scammer, the second one was good. Both times it involved someone recommending another person. "Contact Rita her husband died and she has a lot of the parts you are looking for " BEWARE >:(   
General Discussion / Re: confused
Last post by J. Gomez - Today at 06:25:58 PM
Quote from: Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster) on Today at 06:17:52 PMSee the image below where you can find your username on the forum pages
Stefan

Stefan,

FYI

Since we now need to include our CLC # this small error on the member Forum Profile may need to be corrected. ???
General Discussion / Re: SCAM
Last post by Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster) - Today at 06:21:35 PM
Quote from: Tom Boehm on Today at 12:46:30 PMI hope the change in membership requirement in May will reduce or eliminate the scams. I recently posted a part needed notice and I only got two responses. Both were scams. The buy and sell parts section of this forum has been made useless by the scams.

I don't want this thread to become another debate on the merits of the change except the effect on scams. There have been many threads locked on that topic already.
We expect the scammers to drop to very close to zero. You can never make it completely safe, but the number that get through will be very low
Stefan
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 62 Sedan DeVille Mystery D...
Last post by 60eldo - Today at 06:18:39 PM
 Mine is a 1960, I think its the same as yours.
Last post by Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster) - Today at 06:17:52 PM
See the image below where you can find your username on the forum pages
Stefan
Ok...I did find the section in the manual about adjusting vertical and horizontal placement of the trans/rear/driveshaft.  Without those special brackets and tools, how does one check this stuff?  Should I start with a shim under the carrier bearing and go from there?

RE:  clocking of the flex plate - Buicks of this generation use a kind of triangular flex plate that can be clocked incorrectly on the torque convertor, causing a vibration very similar to what I am describing with the Cadillac.  At this point, I don't think that is an issue on this car.  I think we are onto something with the shim situation, though.  I just have to figure out how to take the measurements without the goofy kent moore tools.
Last post by z3skybolt - Today at 06:05:04 PM
I think that I found it. My number is 30482.  Kind of stumbled on it.

Best Wishes.

Bob R.
Last post by Jason Edge - Today at 06:04:39 PM
I see your CLC # in the CLC # field, so you are good to go.
General Discussion / confused
Last post by z3skybolt - Today at 06:02:57 PM
 "To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in."

O.K.  I have tried to assure that my CLC number is store as suggested.  Yet I do not find my username as suggested?  I have been a member for over 8 years and am in good standing.  But just want to be sure there are no surprises on May 1.

Bob R.
A week ago I had tire let go while leaving a stop light in the 98 Deville.  I heard the noise but was not sure what it was, after driving a 1/2 mile, I could tell the noise was from me as the left front was pulling so I found the next cross street and pulled off.  I lost another from the set 2 years ago on a trip to WI.  I decided to put on the spare and changed the tire.  It was the OE mini spare and once installed, it looks low, so I called the wife to bring the portable air compressor and we filled it up.  2 days later I had tire ordered at a local tire chain store and the only white wall I could find was a Continental touring but it is very narrow.  It does not look as good as the wider ones, but it is stylish enough.  Installed was $740 out the door, so it will likely the last set for this car.  I will post a photo later once I've taken one.