Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: 12 second 73 coupe de ville
« Last post by Roadmaster75 on Today at 06:57:35 AM »
Love seeing Cadillacs and big sedans doing improbable e.t.ís at the drag Strip!

I used to race a retstored front engine dragster with an injected alcohol motor
in nostalgia events in the Midwest.  Once while racing in Indy, a guy showed up with a blown alcohol 59 Cadillac convertible.......!

The car went high 8ís low 9ís..........!  It was red and I believe won best appearing race car at
that event.   This was around 1997 or 1998.

Maybe someone here remembers the car....or has a picture of it...?
The guy was a real showman.  He hired two blondes in Bikinis from the local gentlemenís club to line him up after the burnouts.......!
Great stuff! Great memories.......

For Sale / Re: 1947 Cadillac Limo
« Last post by packrat on Today at 06:23:15 AM »
Bobby,
  I want to send you a personal message. My e-mail is pd@blackcreekllc.com
Paul
Its not racist. I had the SAME problem trying to sell my beloved but dead 1996 Concours years ago. I wanted someone to buy it and restore it. But the only calls I got were from blacks who wanted a driver even though I was SPECIFIC in my advertising it was NOT a driver. No hispanic callers, "low riders" weren't in vogue at that time. And its easy to tell a person's heritage in most instances by their dialect and grammar.

\m/
Laurie

Spot on! I honestly thought someone from the low rider community was going to buy the car since the 93-96 Fleetwoods are popular within the low rider scene. Including the 77-92 Broughams which are everywhere at lowrider shows out here in SoCal.
Not to sound racist, but the only demographic of people that bothered to contact me about the car were Hispanic and Black dudes. No White guys at all. This has been the case with the other Cadillacs Iíve owned in the past. The demographics of people looking to buy these cars are mostly lower income and minorityís. They love the old Caddies, and honestly I wish more older people appreciated our old cars more, but in my experience most of the people that have complimented all my old cars have been younger Blacks and Mexicans.

Its not racist. I had the SAME problem trying to sell my beloved but dead 1996 Concours years ago. I wanted someone to buy it and restore it. But the only calls I got were from blacks who wanted a driver even though I was SPECIFIC in my advertising it was NOT a driver. No hispanic callers, "low riders" weren't in vogue at that time. And its easy to tell a person's heritage in most instances by their dialect and grammar.

\m/
Laurie
Technical / Authenticity / 1960 brake rebuild
« Last post by Hayden P on Today at 12:46:12 AM »
Hi guys ... havenít posted for ages ....

Anyway... rebuilding my 1960 Coupes front and rear drum brakes. Have kit to put in it and have restored all other parts. I took photos of brakes before I tore them down and for the life of me canít find them.

Does anyone have any pics of front and rear drum brakes so I can figure out how it all goes back together. I have a fair idea - just wanna make sure I am on the right track and using the right springs etc.

Also cleaned up my hard brakes lines and going to re-use them. Any pics of those also would be amazing.

Thanks everyone.
Restoration Corner / Re: 1953 cadillac convertible 62
« Last post by Allan1953caddy on Today at 12:21:55 AM »
in teh paint shed after blast and primer
Restoration Corner / 1953 cadillac convertible 62
« Last post by Allan1953caddy on Yesterday at 11:34:13 PM »
Hi Guys,

i have just started restoring a series 62, 53 cadddy convertible and shall require all the help i can get

i have just striped the car now, blasted the body, and put some primer and paint on it.
shall taking it for body alignment and tinkering and panel beating

have loads of missing items , on which i shall seek the forum members help to procure

have attached a few pics as of yesterday

Shall keep updating

cheers,

Allan
General Discussion / Re: 12 second 73 coupe de ville
« Last post by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364 on Yesterday at 10:14:00 PM »
Chris
I'm going to talk with Steve Stewart soon. To do it justice the article will take substantially mort than 1500 words. If that won't work for the self stater perhaps I will do otherwise.
Greg Surfas
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10