News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bumper jack

Started by gross707, February 01, 2018, 03:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gross707

WTB: Bumper jack for my 1955 Series 62, any condition.
Thanks,
Gerald
gross707@aol.com
(337) 298-7566
Gerald Ross

Roger Zimmermann

Just a quick comment on your search: you had interest in the "for sale" for a jack part which found a new home. This part was not suitable for a 1955 jack but for a more recent car with slots into the bumper.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Caddy Wizard

I have a restored Cadillac bumper jack that is correct for somewhere between 1949 and 1955.  Not exactly sure which year (or years) the jack is correct for.  I'll try to dig it out of the basement and take a look...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

gross707

What would you like to get for it, kind sir?
GR
Gerald Ross

Caddy Wizard

I looked at my "spare"  bumper jack and it is in perfect condition, nicely restored.  I compared it to the one in my 55 and to the one in my 54 and it looks like I have three different jacks.  Ugh.  I don't know which one is right for my 55 (I suspect that the one in the 55 is wrong).  I need to do some more digging.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Lexi

Art I spent a couple of years searching for a complete jack set for my '56. I found it tough getting information on Caddy jacks from this period. This was further complicated as the Master Parts Lists that I referenced did not contain any images of the jacks, just text and numbers. Further adding to the confusion was that a lot of cars I checked at various GNs had wrong jacks or none at all! A lot of the owners did not even know what should be in their car. I think your '55 had the 90 degree flat faced jaw where the '56 had a wide hook like affair. More conventional looking jaw, but wide. I did manage to get a bunch of photos of what I was told was a '55 jack. I could post or send if that would help in your research. I do have an extra hold down spring that is good for your '55, (but not for '56). May also have some other jack related parts laying around for that era. Clay/Lexi

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

When the answer is found, please post pictures for future use. I don't have a jack at all and eventually I will need one.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille