News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1978 Coupe deVille $4K 42,000 miles

Started by BJM, February 19, 2018, 03:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

But - these are the market pressures that keep me from over spending on Cadillacs of this era. In a quick 15 minute search I found plenty of cars - granted some better than others and some I did not post - but plenty of inventory.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

BJM

He said it was his camera, not really blue.  Yikes, in my search I saw a lot of oddball (to me) colors. As soon as I say that someone will be offended but let's not forget my Eldorado is Mauve or Wisteria, so...

Seamist Green - Code 40 - used in 1977 & 1978. Actually a pretty common color back then. Wouldn't exactly be my first pick either.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hey, the ladies usually LOVE green. And, being from AZ, the top has hardly had time to start rusting yet. The buzz of the clock will keep you from dozing off on long trips. (Mine was dark green and a SDV.) And, it's been up for two months. That's usually near a grand off if you wave hundred dollar bills at the seller.

We need to make up a name for '77-'79 Cadillacs like "Tri-five Chevrolets. How about "Good, Better, and Best", Eric?
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

BJM

Price is certainly right but Mint Green is NOT.  I am a big green fan. That interior is fine but I need DARK GREEN, Polo Green that sort of thing. BRG on sports cars.  Not Mint though.

e.mason

While green interiors might not be to everyone taste.  Something I think we can all agree on.  Back then we have many choices of colors, both interior and exterior.  Cadillac even offered two tone exterior colors.  I believe there was a two tone green available.  I was watching the film VIP's last night.  In one of the opening scenes, Richard Burton and Liz Taylor arrived at the airport in a two tone RR.  It was the same paint scheme that Cadillac used in the late 70's.
Eric Mason