News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Inner fender wells "color"?!?

Started by 6caddy2, February 19, 2018, 03:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6caddy2

Hello members;
                     I haven't  been here in awhile, as you can see by the photos I've been busy with the 62 and what I hope to be the last of the restoration for her! I'm looking for any suggestion or input or info in the right direction as to where to obtain the "semi" gloss paint for the inner fender wells. When I purchased this caddy I did not intend on keeping to the authenticity of this car, but do to great people in this club, my local clc club, one GN in 2016 in Vegas under our belt, where I met very knowledgeable judges on my year -1962 series 62 convert. and the car being a excellent candidate for this type of resto. I'm this far into it I need to finish this right,and I'm past the point of no return! I can't wait for the engine to come back from the shop, and get her put back together, and back on the road for our trip down to the GN this year in Texas! 1st photo is a couple of years ago. 2nd photo is after putting on the correct wheels and hub caps, last photo is the state she's in now! Thanks for any input or info on the "semi gloss" paint. Respectfully Joe N.

1962 convertible
1979 Fleetwood brougham d'Elegance
1981 Coupe deVille 368 FI 864
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille

Barry M Wheeler #2189

HI Joe, I don't think we're all that picky to have a special semi-gloss black. I generally use plain old Rust-O-Leum #7777 (I think is the #.) Or whatever # they are using now. Others might chime in on their own favorite paint. Best of luck in your final sprucing up.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Eastwood has a very nice black semi-gloss that's perfect
for this application and other things such as items in the
engine bay.

https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-extreme-chassis-black-paint.html

Easy to spray, doesn't run and dries nicely.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

6caddy2

Thank you very much Barry and Mike for your replys, I forgot about Eastwood Mike, I went to the link you supplied ( thanks) and ordered from them. Thanks again guys! Joe
1962 convertible
1979 Fleetwood brougham d'Elegance
1981 Coupe deVille 368 FI 864
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille