News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

41 on Craigslist in St. Louis

Started by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373, February 23, 2018, 08:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1941-cadillac-4-door-sedan/6507658696.html

Not mine. Just saw it on Craigslist today. St. Louis. Lousy pictures.  Looks like it is in a storage unit.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

It's a rare 42. Maybe someone can ID what series.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

chrisntam

Ya know Jeff, first you had the '70, then you went back 15 years, got a '55.  Time to go back another 15 (13) and get a '42. 

It's only $1k. 

Do it.

;)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Jeff Hansen

Definitely a '42.  Between the style of the dashboard and the curvature of the door frame, my money is on this being a 60S.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

BJM

1875 production if it’s a 60S

chrisntam

Two pics before it gets snapped up and the listing disappears.

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Bobby B

Quote from: chrisntam on February 24, 2018, 02:38:11 PM
Two pics before it gets snapped up and the listing disappears.

Chris,
I guess you're buying it?
                              Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Quote from: chrisntam on February 23, 2018, 10:55:47 PM
Ya know Jeff, first you had the '70, then you went back 15 years, got a '55.  Time to go back another 15 (13) and get a '42. 

It's only $1k. 

Do it.

;)

Good idea. My wife's # is 314-............
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

chrisntam

Bobby, the car is in Jeff's area.  He should get it.

Jeff, you of all people know it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

;D

It'd be a nice (#2) Father/Son project.  Poor little car just wants to find a good home.  A home where it would be loved, nurtured and brought back to life, much like the magic you did with the '55.

;D

A little tip from your pal Chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Bobby B

Quote from: chrisntam on February 24, 2018, 11:03:01 PM
Bobby, the car is in Jeff's area.  He should get it.

Yea Jeff...I think it's got your name all over it  >:D....
                                                    Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

BJM

It sure does appear to be a 60S.  I tried to read more about and see photos of 1942 Cadillacs and found ONE image of a 1942 60S.  Of course, they were essentially the same from 42-1947.   

The ad has some other interesting clues.  One is no phone number and minimal content. Another is what appears to be a rental storage situation.  (I could be wrong on all of these points). Plus the comment about length of storage.

If I was guessing, this might be an estate issue or someone going into assisted living or similar change of lifestyle issue.  The low price is another clue that someone just wants to clean up this issue and make it go away to tidy up a loose end.  Cars and furniture cause this reaction in storage, non running.

If it runs and drives, then heirs and stakeholders add dollar signs to the ad price.  But when they are like this, they just want them moved. 

I would not mind this as a project, it's in my wheelhouse, but I no longer have a 3 car heated garage with room for 2-3 cars outside.  I just don't have the room.   If someone can store it, I can buy it!   :-\

JoanHodges

Oh yes, there are a lot of such machines on craiglist and the most interesting thing is that they are sold very quickly. I can’t understand who is buying them. It seems to me stupid to buy old rusty cars that don’t even eat. However, the craiglist does not profit from such sales. In general, I still can not understand how the craiglister makes a profit. Recently, I began to wonder how a craiglist company earns money, but I still could not figure out anything. The only thing I could find was a site with a very useful article about the craiglist company income. There was a lot of detailed information about the company and even the history of the company was revealed. It turned out that they just have awesome profits.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

The car is 78 years old. The ad is over 2 years old.

SixDucks

Hey all,
I'll just throw this out there if anyone has any interest. I have a 1941 series 62 coupe that is in similar condition to the '42 seen in the above photos.  I can provide a few photos and answer any questions in this thread or I can start another thread. I am located in central Illinois about 2- ish hours north of St.Louis.
Current:
1941 coupe
1962 Fleetwood
1988 Brougham
Previous:
1956 Series 62 Sedan
1963 Fleetwood
1975 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance
1989 Brougham

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I suggest you start a new thread. And, tell us where all the missing parts are & your price.