News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1990 Limousine $3000

Started by BJM, February 25, 2018, 10:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-cadillac-fleetwood-limo/6488437511.html

Unfortunately, this is a funeral version, meaning I would want to turn that 2nd row around to face the rear to make it more "limousine-y".   Then it would be fun. 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

It's an aftermarket "stretch" conversion of a 1996 Fleetwood.

These cars are very shoddily built and cannot begin compare with genuine factory built Limousines.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

BJM

Oh I know.  Too bad.  I am a big fan of the cleg lights era of Cadillac Limos.  By that I mean, the era from about 1950 through the late 60's when stars and celebrities would show up at events in Cadillac Limousines.

That guy Fred has a stash of limos over in Newton, Iowa but would rather scrap them then send them to new homes for $1000 to $3000.  He has a 56 Imperial I want desperately but that ship has sailed. 

e.mason

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on February 25, 2018, 01:14:45 PM
It's an aftermarket "stretch" conversion of a 1996 Fleetwood.

These cars are very shoddily built and cannot begin compare with genuine factory built Limousines.

1987 was the final year for the Fleetwood 75 designation and the factory-built Cadillac limousine.  This type of limo is known as a six door.  They are favored by many funeral directors for their ease of entering and exiting.
Eric Mason

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: e.mason on February 25, 2018, 02:16:10 PM
1987 was the final year for the Fleetwood 75 designation and the factory-built Cadillac limousine.  This type of limo is known as a six door.  They are favored by many funeral directors for their ease of entering and exiting.

The factory Series 75 Limousine from 1985 - 1987 was front wheel drive with styling that matched the standard [downsized] DeVilles and Fleetwoods of the same period. It should be noted that the Series 75 designation was revived for this final iteration of the production Cadillac long wheelbase models after a 9 year hiatus. These were all 4 door cars. No regular production Cadillac Limousines ever had 6 doors.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute