Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Want To Buy / Re: WTB 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville
« Last post by Chuck Patton on Today at 06:20:18 AM »

Hello Glen

A dream fulfilled!
For Sale / Re: FS NOS 1958 Cadillac grille
« Last post by TonyZappone #2624 on Today at 05:37:48 AM »
I sense much interest in this grill.  Please advise price, as I am an enthusiastic buyer.
« Last post by Glen Camenzuli on Today at 04:56:30 AM »
Thanks Carl. Its actually taken me a very long time to get here... 25 years of dreaming to be exact... and a rather large bank loan! I dont get to go near it much as I have a very young family but just knowing its there is enough most of the time.
« Last post by Carl Fielding on Today at 03:58:51 AM »
I guess I get to be the first to congratulate you here ! You found this treasure rather quickly . Lucky Glen. It took just over 3 years for me to find just the '24 Cadillac I wanted. Lucky Carl. It took 20 years to find just exactly the '27 Cadillac I wanted.    - Lucky Carl
General Discussion / Re: 1938 lasalle carburetor
« Last post by Steve Passmore on Today at 02:03:25 AM »
Do the 4 holes in the back have factory captivated nuts??  If so, then the cleaner is for a 1937. If it just looks like they were just drilled out then wanted to fit the 37 horns by the sound of it.
The hole at the side is a bit of a mystery though.
Want To Buy / Re: 37 LaSalle Coupe Seat Tracks
« Last post by Steve Passmore on Today at 01:59:30 AM »
I have most parts of a set.  I don't have the long rod that connects each side but this could be made up fairly easily.
You have to consider shipping from UK though?.
General Discussion / Re: 1973 Pace Car coin
« Last post by cadillacmike68 on Yesterday at 11:55:59 PM »
Any 1973 convertible owner would like one of these...
General Discussion / Suggested WW tires for 77 Eldorado
« Last post by 13912 on Yesterday at 11:38:08 PM »
The 1977 Eldoradp Biarritz I just bought has apparently the original tires !!!  - I haven't received the car yet so I'm relying on the last owners input- & the car has been stored for a number of years without much driving. Any recommendations for period correct appropriate narrow WW tires & suggested manufacturers?
Thanks
Bob
For Sale / Re: 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville
« Last post by Glen Camenzuli on Yesterday at 10:03:05 PM »
As a Newbie im completely oblivious to the correctness of this car

Not that I can afford, it but what is not right about this car ?
purely out of interest and educating myself.

It is also jaw droppingly beautiful to the uneducated.

1. The wheels are incorrect. The 1958 Eldorado Seville had Sabre wheels, also known as Turbine wheels. The tires are also obviously incorrect but tires are a preference thing and easily changed.

2. The air cleaner is incorrect. 1958 Sevilles had a large round dual snorkel gold air cleaner and 3 x 2 barrel Rochester carbs. The dual four setup and batwing air cleaner are correct for the 1957 Eldorado Seville.

3. The power steering pump and reservoir are not original.

4. The windshield wiper motor has been changed from the vacuum setup to an electric motor.

5. The oil filter housing should be black, not blue.

6. The A/C compressor does not appear to be original.

7. The interior upholstery and carpet is way off the mark. The Eldorado Seville had either full leather or combination leather/cloth options but none of them were in this pattern. This car used to have a Black-Silver Crest Cloth and Silver Metallic Leather interior.

8. The stainless trim on the C-pillar is from a Coupe de Ville. Eldorado Seville's did not have this trim piece on the C-pillar.

9. This car used to be Olympic White with a white Vicodec top so the body color is not original either. 

These are the things I can see, there are probably more... but having said all of that, the 1958 Eldorado Seville is an exceedingly rare car. Only 855 were made and that makes it the rarest Eldorado coupe of all time. There are probably no more than 300 left worldwide so at the end of the day, someone has saved another example of this seldom seen car. They are always worth more restored to original spec but someone can always take this car back there if they want to.
General Discussion / Re: Cadillac Advertising on The Academy Awards
« Last post by Big Apple Caddy on Yesterday at 10:02:32 PM »
I really don't think Cadillac is trying to suggest that they want to bring back cars of the past (large land-yacht sedans) or names from the past (DeVille, Fleetwood, etc.) but rather that they want to make vehicles in the future that are admired, contemporary, etc. like their cars were in the past.  This includes semi-autonomous or self driving cars, high-tech cars, electric cars, performance cars, more crossovers, SUVs, etc.  Thatís what "the future" is about.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10