News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

FS - '76 CDV (Partially parted out)

Started by J. Pagnotta CLC 19114, September 08, 2012, 12:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Pagnotta CLC 19114

1976 CDV parts car for $700 that includes the following major components:

500 CID Engine and TH400 Transmission 45K miles (stock condition)

Complete frame and running gear including 2.73 Open Differential.

Front Windshield and Rear Glass.

Body is in poor condition (original Georgian Silver paint):
1)   Heavy surface rust on roof (no padded top)
2)   Hood is in fair condition with rust in underside lip on passenger side and surface spots
3)   Both front fenders have thin paint and exposed factory primer on top surfaces and rust perforation in the lower areas
4)   Passenger door is fair, driver’s outer door shell is badly creased from prior low speed accident
5)   Rear quarters have minor to moderate rust perforation in lower areas forward of wheelwells or behind stainless moulding mounting points.

The engine starts and runs (hydraulic lifters are loud as the engine is not started often)

Transmission does not engage as fluid level is low from leaking/dried out seals, but did operate smoothly when last on the road in October 2007.

The following parts been removed and are not included in this listing:
Front and rear bumpers
Cornering lamp assemblies
Headlamp mounting assemblies
Front Grill assembly
Complete interior (seats to be removed)
Door glass and Stationary side glass
Side view mirror(s)

Photos and short video can be seen  at http://www.flickr.com/photos/39573654@N06/sets/72157631397920278/with/7927665444/

Car is not road worthy and will have to be towed from its current location in central NJ.  Willing to work with transporter of your choice but will not provide recommendations for same.  Clear NJ title is in seller’s hand and will be transferred to buyer upon taking possession of vehicle.

J. Pagnotta CLC 19114

Fellow Members.... reviving this post after a long 4 1/2 years to see if anyone needs parts.  The shell has long since been disposed of, but I pulled many parts off of it.  Partial listing is in the original message, but if you are looking for something else let me know via PM.  I will also be putting parts up on EBay and cross-referencing here as time goes by.  I wanted to give our community first choice....thanks!
Joe P

guyrobert

Any chance that you have the steering wheel and that it is red?
Cheers Robert
1979 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance
1979 Coupe De Ville Phaeton
1957 Eldorado Biarritz
Robert Simpson

J. Pagnotta CLC 19114

Robert,
Sorry but "no" to both.  The car was Georgian Silver exterior with gray interior.  The steering wheel was one of the few interior items I did not remove as it was cracked/showing separations in the plastic grip in several places.
Best,
Joe P.

J. Pagnotta CLC 19114

Rear Quarter Windows now available via Ebay (www.ebay.com/itm/-/182511513765?)

$65 each or $120/pr.

Thanks,
Joe P.

mgbeda

Hi Joe,

I thought I'd ask after a few parts I'm looking for.

1)  The mid parking brake cable (between the cable that connects to the brake pedal and the two cables that connect to the rear axle)
2) The bracket that holds this cable to the underside of the body (not to the frame)
3) the bracket that holds up the catalytic convertor to the tranny cross member.

Have any of those?

Thanks,

-Mike Beda

-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Chas

Joe......for some reason, seems my PM's to you are not going through. Email me. I'm the local guy who wants the motor and trans.
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

J. Pagnotta CLC 19114

Quote from: mgbeda on April 11, 2017, 04:08:17 PM
Hi Joe,

I thought I'd ask after a few parts I'm looking for.

1)  The mid parking brake cable (between the cable that connects to the brake pedal and the two cables that connect to the rear axle)
2) The bracket that holds this cable to the underside of the body (not to the frame)
3) the bracket that holds up the catalytic convertor to the tranny cross member.

Have any of those?

Thanks,

-Mike Beda

Mike,

Thanks for checking in but, unfortunately, I do not have any of those parts.

Regards,
Joe

J. Pagnotta CLC 19114

[/quote]
Quote from: Chas on April 12, 2017, 02:57:49 PM
Joe......for some reason, seems my PM's to you are not going through. Email me. I'm the local guy who wants the motor and trans.

Chas,

Catching up on messages today, will contact you directly, but yes, we are a go.

Joe P