News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

August 2016 NTXCLC Newsletter

Started by Bill Levy CLC # 25695, July 26, 2016, 04:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Levy CLC # 25695

It’s August in Texas â€" I think my seat covers melted.  But, (as we used to say…) no sweat, its summer cruising and car show time, so pull off the car cover, drop the top, and head on out for some fun in the sun.  HooHaa.

In this month’s Standard Of The World newsletter:

Front page and page 2.  We start off with a fabulous custom Eldorado owned by one of our members.  It’s a great opening for the custom and modified Cadillacs (and LaSalles) that finally get the recognition they deserve.

Page 3 One of our vendor’s and club friends, Leake Auctions. There is a big auction in Detroit, the Motor City in September.  Some great cars to bid on.  I am drooling over the 1941 Series 62 Convertible…

Page 4 is the President’s Message and also the Activities Director’s calendar of events.

Pages 5-7 Richard Dormois tells about some really cool modified Cadillacs.  Thank you Richard

Page 8-9 â€"News from the CLC Chief Judge, Bill Anderson, regarding some rule changes that gets me excited.  Since I am a show field judge at CLC, I am looking forward to the new Special & Unique Cars Division, and also the new Judging Form. 

Page 9 We have the information for our NTXCLC Ice Cream Tour.  Make mine chocolate chip.

Page 10 is our special invitation to Honest John’s 11th Annual Fintastic Chili Cook Off and car show.  We had a great time last year and this year promises to really be better.  Lots of awards.  Last year’s winner is defending his championship.  Come hungry.

Page 11 is a flyer that has been in many previous issues.  So, why is it in this issue?  So you can see what you are missing.  We needed at least 12-14 cars for a curb to display as a club.  And we always had winners.  But y’all failed to send in your checks and registration so I that could get us registered and documented, so we are not getting a reserved curb.  Maybe next year.

Page 12 is the intro flyer for the NTXCLC Regional meet, held at J.R.’s house at the Southfork Ranch in Parker Texas.  It is where we will vote on the elections of officers and directors (see page 13).  We have invited car clubs all over the country to join us, so it should be a super meet. Please join us and please register by September 15th.

Page 13 is our Sunshine  and Membership Report, with it an obituary for one our special people,  Rudy Bedrick, husband of Minnie, who passed away in June. 

Pages 14 More of our advertisers-Hagerty Classic Car Insurance; our popular North Texas Region logo club items; and Digital 3 Printing (they print our newsletter).  Also our officers and directors; and a Board Meeting Notice (August 19th @ 4p.m.)

Page 15 Classified ads and Membership Report, with it an obituary for one our special people,  Rudy Bedrick, husband of Minnie, who passed away in June.   

Page 16 Our Calendar for your fridge.

:D

Lifer

Bill "Lifer" Levy
North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle Club
Newsletter Editor
B. Levy
41 61S Fastback
68 Sedan DeVille
68 Coupe DeVille
73 Fleetwood Brougham
01 Eldorado ETC